Jump to content

Offseason 2022


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

 

 

It’s gotta take a lot more than a video to convince me, but IF that’s how TJD can shoot next year then he’s All-American first team and a first rounder. 

He’s so quick and bouncy - if he gets his defenders to bite on his jumpers then SEE-YA. Big Ten bigs won’t have the footwork to stay in front of him. 

Big IF though. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trayce is probably my favorite player in ten years and I will obviously wish him well no  matter what. But those videos were not against big ten level game action let alone NBA.  Note how slow the release is.  I think he has the potential to shoot but his shot is in the infancy stage IMO.  Take that touch and get guarded tighter and get it up faster.  But the touch is there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Trayce is probably my favorite player in ten years and I will obviously wish him well no  matter what. But those videos were not against big ten level game action let alone NBA.  Note how slow the release is.  I think he has the potential to shoot but his shot is in the infancy stage IMO.  Take that touch and get guarded tighter and get it up faster.  But the touch is there.  

I thought his release looked better in those videos than I did before.  It was way more fluid instead of a little hitch and taking the ball over his head.

All this time I thought he would be back but for some reason I think he won't be back.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will say first where was this during the season? Next looks like someone has been working on his shot. His release still looks  a little slow but it is alot better than during the season. I hope he comes back and features his shot making! It will do wonders for his game!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I thought his release looked better in those videos than I did before.  It was way more fluid instead of a little hitch and taking the ball over his head.

All this time I thought he would be back but for some reason I think he won't be back.

Yeah, things seem to be falling into place for him right now where leaving looks more likely.  I think with him that this team has the potential on paper to be at least an outside threat in the NCAA tournament.  Without him, unless the incoming freshmen really show out, Sweet 16 is probably the realistic ceiling.

That would still constitute a big step forward, but going into the season with TJD would be about as good as I would have felt about a team since Zeller's Sophomore year heading into a season.  (I think that Zeller team was clearly better going into the year, but this would be the best since).  Without TJD, we are looking at Crean's last tournament team as a comparison IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coach Woodson thinks it's a confidence thing and I'd agree with that.

"I think moving forward, and if he decides to come back, the next step is beginning to shoot out on the floor and feel comfortable," Woodson said. "I mean, he took a few shots this year, he made a couple of them, but he's just so unsure of himself and that's something that I just got to get out of him because I'm telling him it's okay to shoot. If coach tells you to even shoot the ball, it's okay, shoot it. I'll tell you when you can't shoot it anymore, but I want him to shoot because that's really the only missing piece.

The jump shot is something that we just got to help him and work with him more on."

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Coach Woodson thinks it's a confidence thing and I'd agree with that.

"I think moving forward, and if he decides to come back, the next step is beginning to shoot out on the floor and feel comfortable," Woodson said. "I mean, he took a few shots this year, he made a couple of them, but he's just so unsure of himself and that's something that I just got to get out of him because I'm telling him it's okay to shoot. If coach tells you to even shoot the ball, it's okay, shoot it. I'll tell you when you can't shoot it anymore, but I want him to shoot because that's really the only missing piece.

The jump shot is something that we just got to help him and work with him more on."

So we can’t boo him when he misses 2 in a row?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Just read that former MSU player Adreian Payne has died.  31 yrs old.  No details.

I saw on Twitter (not saying it’s true) he was shot and killed in Florida. He also had a toddler who had serious health issues and not sure what ever came of that but tough times for his family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I saw on Twitter (not saying it’s true) he was shot and killed in Florida. He also had a toddler who had serious health issues and not sure what ever came of that but tough times for his family.

Confirmed he was shot and alleged shooter stayed at the scene, cooperated with police, and after questioning, the person was arrested, charged with first degree murder...and jailed.

Edited by jv1972iu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Confirmed he was shot and alleged shooter stayed at the scene, cooperated with police, and after questioning, the person was arrested, charged with first degree murder...and jailed.

Wow I can’t believe the person stayed at the scene. I would be curious what exactly happened if that was the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Payne was a good guy. If I remember right, he developed a relationship with a young girl who had cancer. It was a heartbreaking story, but at the same time showed what kind of man he was...RIP 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the Detroit Free Press...

"August 2010: According to records obtained by the Free Press, former Michigan State players Keith Appling and Adreian Payne were accused of sexually assaulting a woman during the fall of their freshman year in 2010. Then-Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III declined to press charges in the matter, saying no crime was committed and citing insufficient evidence" 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Payne was a good guy. If I remember right, he developed a relationship with a young girl who had cancer. It was a heartbreaking story, but at the same time showed what kind of man he was...RIP 

Horrible news. May he Rest In Peace. Payne was an absolute monster in the paint. He put 100% into every dunk he attempted. 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FRQ2EjFk7xs

Edited by SawatchHoosier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...