Jump to content

Offseason 2022


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Not even a little bit!

One of my neighbors had a 5:30 class, which of course, cut into drankin’ time if it was a 7PM tip off. So to expedite consumption by volume, he has the brilliant idea to make a liquor bong. It was literally a 1/10th scale beer bong. Held about three shots at once. 

You can already see where this is headed. We had about a 10 minute walk to AH, so by the time we get there, 9 shots worth of Jim Beam are hitting him. Me and a buddy literally had to drag him down the full length of the AH stairs. Thank god we weren’t in the balcony. 
 

After that, the liquor bong was retired, because it could be lethal. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

One of my neighbors had a 5:30 class, which of course, cut into drankin’ time if it was a 7PM tip off. So to expedite consumption by volume, he has the brilliant idea to make a liquor bong. It was literally a 1/10th scale beer bong. Held about three shots at once. 

You can already see where this is headed. We had about a 10 minute walk to AH, so by the time we get there, 9 shots worth of Jim Beam are hitting him. Me and a buddy literally had to drag him down the full length of the AH stairs. Thank god we weren’t in the balcony. 
 

After that, the liquor bong was retired, because it could be lethal. 

love it.  we would just skip that very inconvenient class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had to take human physiology twice because my first year, lab was at 6 pm and i wound up skipping so much I was failing and had to drop the class   

i like your priorities.  i got stuck with a 8am on Fridays once and quickly figured out that would not be okay.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Interesting. You don’t hear Little Kings mentioned much outside of Cincinnati.

I know the liquor store on the south side of Huntington carried it because that is where I bought it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had to take human physiology twice because my first year, lab was at 6 pm and i wound up skipping so much I was failing and had to drop the class   

I always have dreams that i'm still in school and skipping a class so much that I forgot I was taking it - until the day before the final exam. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I always have dreams that i'm still in school and skipping a class so much that I forgot I was taking it - until the day before the final exam. 

I went through a stage a few years ago where i would always dream about being back in college and going to classes and never knowing what was going on since i neve did the homework or projects.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I always have dreams that i'm still in school and skipping a class so much that I forgot I was taking it - until the day before the final exam. 

100% I have had that dream so many times.  Terrible feeling because it seems so real. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I went through a stage a few years ago where i would always dream about being back in college and going to classes and never knowing what was going on since i neve did the homework or projects.  

this and also getting lost.  apparently in my dreams it is pre-cell phones, etc.  i am trying to find a class and then give up and decide to not attend all semester until exams are upon me and then i'm screwed.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this and also getting lost.  apparently in my dreams it is pre-cell phones, etc.  i am trying to find a class and then give up and decide to not attend all semester until exams are upon me and then i'm screwed.  

Same.  Its been awhile since i had these dreams but man i would wake up and have the feeling for days that i was forgetting to do something. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this and also getting lost.  apparently in my dreams it is pre-cell phones, etc.  i am trying to find a class and then give up and decide to not attend all semester until exams are upon me and then i'm screwed.  

Similar for me.   In mine, I am taking a class and there was a discussion section with quizzes every week and I literally never went.  The other variation is I have finals and I am a complete blank on all the subjects and need to cram.

Presumably, we all get these dreams when we feel like we have too much work to do?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

 

It's such good news I don't care if it's in every thread including "Forum Issues." 

And I'm gonna "like"  every damn one of em!

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was pretty clear by our lack of being interested in too many guys in the portal we---

1- believed TJD was coming back the whole time. 95% sure he was always coming back

2- believed TB was going to be taking a big jump 

We basically only recruited 2 or 3 guys in the portal. 🤷‍♂️... developing our own was always the best way to continue to build our foundation. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think it was pretty clear by our lack of being interested in too many guys in the portal we---

1- believed TJD was coming back the whole time. 95% sure he was always coming back

2- believed TB was going to be taking a big jump 

We basically only recruited 2 or 3 guys in the portal. 🤷‍♂️... developing our own was always the best way to continue to build our foundation. 

I just hope some freshman are what we hope and our own players make some jump in scoring.  I think we're good on defense and can always get better, but we have for years lacked shooters/scorers.  If X, TB, JHS, TG, and JG can make add say 10% to their shooting percentages, it would be huge.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just hope some freshman are what we hope and our own players make some jump in scoring.  I think we're good on defense and can always get better, but we have for years lacked shooters/scorers.  If X, TB, JHS, TG, and JG can make add say 10% to their shooting percentages, it would be huge.

X be shooting 48% from 3 at that point! Sign me up!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

X be shooting 48% from 3 at that point! Sign me up!

I am not talking 3pt%, shooting percent across the board.  We have to many guys who are in the 30% range for 2s.  Would love to see them in the 40s.  Also i would love to see X at 48% from 3 myself LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am not talking 3pt%, shooting percent across the board.  We have to many guys who are in the 30% range for 2s.  Would love to see them in the 40s.  Also i would love to see X at 48% from 3 myself LOL

I would hope most guys can shoot close to 50 percent from 2 especially the big guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I went through a stage a few years ago where i would always dream about being back in college and going to classes and never knowing what was going on since i neve did the homework or projects.  

Does everyone have this dream...?

I swear...I'm in my 50's and recently had the same stupid dream...😂...I couldn't even find the classroom when I looked.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...