BTT - Michigan Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not watching now, but Race usually makes 4-5 head scratching defensive lapses a day. 

TJD is going through the motions on both ends. Slow, not rebounding, not helping on D. Amazing how that can happen in THIS game. Somebody needs to get in his ass. RT hasn’t been much better, but it doesn’t look like he’s loafing at least. I’m just amazed that we can look like zombies in THIS game (with the exception of XJ and TG). No give-a-damn on this team? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Shew. Glad XJ didn't get to play the last 9 mins. Appreciate that B1G!!

2nd foul was BS. I think Woody should’ve brought him back at some point though. Our NCAAT life is on the line.

• Like 1

Offense sucks, defense sucks, rebounding sucks effort and emotion sucks. This team makes being a fan absolutely miserable. If i had a high school team look like this in a game I would run them til their balls fell off and this is supposed to be Indiana. If CMW is not putting 1 giant foot up the rear end of everyone but X and TG then he is not the right person for this job

• Like 3

There is a generation out there that is still trying to decide whether they want to be IU fans , or Purdue fans, or UK fans, or simply say the hell with college basketball and start playing frisbee golf.

IU is losing those potential fans forever today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Preview.  We need an overhaul of the roster.  Three new freshmen isn’t going to cut it.  More like 6-7. 

You got that right. People get pissed at others and are amazed when some say they don’t care if TJD is back. For half the season we’ve been getting something similar to today, so why would we want that again? He’s not protecting the rim or rebounding, so why do we want him back? 

• Like 1

It's sad there's no other scorer on the team who can go get their own other than X.

I know Trey can get to the rim but he's not always reliable. Jordan can get a shot off on anyone but also not reliable. Sometimes Rob can get to the basket but not consistently. Tamar can get past someone but tosses up a lot of garbage with no chance to go it. Parker and Miller are spot up shooters who don't always shoot very well. 

Who is the guy when things break down that can get points? X when he is on. That's it. 

6 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I mean we can whine and cry about the refs all we want but Michigan is playing like their tournament lives are on the line and we are not. 

I don't really agree. There have been times they're playing with more urgency, but also plenty of times we play urgent and get hacked and it leads to easy points for Michigan. That impacts the psychology of players. 

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

I mean we can whine and cry about the refs all we want but Michigan is playing like their tournament lives are on the line and we are not. 

I'm mad at everything.  You are at a point where realistically you need to blow up the roster, but I don't think you are in a position as a program to do that.  We are 20 minutes away from missing the tournament....again.  We have a mid 60's coach in his first year.  We would be in a spot where we have missed 6 straight NCAA tournaments.  You just cannot go all in on a rebuild at that point.

• Like 1

Just so tired of watching the same shitty basketball.  Over and over. Redo 80 percent of the roster. I’d rather see players trying with little expectation than to have this team loaf around all day. I would say unbelievable. But to this point it was the expectation to me. Just a feather on the cap of this disappointment of a season. We don’t deserve the tourney at all and we’re playing like it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Just so tired of watching the same shitty basketball.  Over and over. Redo 80 percent of the roster. I’d rather see players trying with little expectation than to have this team loaf around all day. I would say unbelievable. But to this point it was the expectation to me. Just a feather on the cap of this disappointment of a season. We don’t deserve the tourney at all and we’re playing like it. 

I’m in agreement!,