BTT INDIANA BEATS MICHIGAN POST GAME THREAD

KDB

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

Obvious comment, this board is hilarious after wins. F’n depressing after losses. Mostly sadness and random stuff in between. 

Today was awesome. Experienced all the emotions in less than 2 hours. And it was before noon. 

Let’s do this again tomorrow!

I know a little about bipolar disorder, if that’s where this is going 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Didn’t they win their conference tournament that year?

No.  They were at large, but got in on the strength of the toughest schedule in the country.  'Nova got an at-large once at 16-14 as well.  Here is a link.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket-beat/2017-02-17/college-basketball-teams-make-ncaa-tournament-double#:~:text=Since 1985%2C 11 teams with 14 losses have,wins%2C and as many quality wins%2C as possible.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No.  They were at large, but got in on the strength of the toughest schedule in the country.  'Nova got an at-large once at 16-14 as well.  Here is a link.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket-beat/2017-02-17/college-basketball-teams-make-ncaa-tournament-double#:~:text=Since 1985%2C 11 teams with 14 losses have,wins%2C and as many quality wins%2C as possible.

Please stop sharing your opinion. Even if they are facts.

• Haha 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

I was rewatching the comeback, and when Kopp hit the 3 to draw us within 1, going back down the floor he turned to freshman Caleb Houstan and you could read his lips...

"We got you." 

Miller's defensive effort shouldn't go unnoticed either...He was out there all the way to the end...

Coach Woodson knows...

People knock Kopp, but he is very good defensively on being in the right place, good position. He is limited athletically, so he can get beat. But he is very smart defensively, and under rated there.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was rewatching the comeback, and when Kopp hit the 3 to draw us within 1, going back down the floor he turned to freshman Caleb Houstan and you could read his lips...

"We got you." 

Miller's defensive effort shouldn't go unnoticed either...He was out there all the way to the end...

Coach Woodson knows...

I love that

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

People knock Kopp, but he is very good defensively on being in the right place, good position. He is limited athletically, so he can get beat. But he is very smart defensively, and under rated there.

100%. Good post

He's actually fairly physical, as well. 

Simply lacks lateral quickness, he does make up for some of that with his length. 

Did you see when he got burnt baseline late and TJD erased it.. haha he was thanking the heavens TJD was there. 

Right before the under 4 media TO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am glad I was driving while listening to the game because I would have been posting in the game thread.  I was getting so upset that I would have said a lot of stupid stuff.  I guess this game shows that you shouldn't post during games and make judgements after every play.

5a863e3a22f3b_StupidMurray.jpg.1d3735dd5e51b17e32591e67c1eab556.jpg

• Haha 1

Listening to JMV and they had Rabjohn on the show. He brought up that the committee will look at teams who had players out injured but now they are back playing.  He went through the mock selection process and that was one of the things they discussed. Hopefully they look at our record when we had both Galloway and RP both playing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to JMV and they had Rabjohn on the show. He brought up that the committee will look at teams who had players out injured but now they are back playing.  He went through the mock selection process and that was one of the things they discussed. Hopefully they look at our record when we had both Galloway and RP both playing.

Do suspensions count? 

😁

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Bgleas never gets to watch live again 🤣

You guys had me on an emotional rollercoaster today! I successfully avoided the score all day but was getting all of these email notifications on my phone because of PM's on HSN. 

I'm thinking all day "am I getting PM's because we won or because we lost." Of course I began talking myself into that it's more likely the PM's are because we lost. 

Then I start watching at 5:45 ET and for the next hour+ am convinced we lose and that the program needs to be shut down. 

Then, the last 10 minutes everything turns and we amazingly pull it out! 

What a win!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You guys had me on an emotional rollercoaster today! I successfully avoided the score all day but was getting all of these email notifications on my phone because of PM's on HSN. 

I'm thinking all day "am I getting PM's because we won or because we lost." Of course I began talking myself into that it's more likely the PM's are because we lost. 

Then I start watching at 5:45 ET and for the next hour+ am convinced we lose and that the program needs to be shut down. 

Then, the last 10 minutes everything turns and we amazingly pull it out! 

What a win!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic my friend. KOB and I were NOTTTTTT happy with the dudes in stripes 😂😂

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"We got you." 

Coach Woodson knows...

That’s cold blooded

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was wondering if the refs were as bad as Fisher and Suhr made it sound like

I had to listen to the game through the Michigan radio broadcast. And there were a few calls against IU that their announcers were "well, that was a late whistle" or "not sure about that call, but we will take it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2