Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Anyone heard something about him being unhappy here? Probably just some idiot on Facebook spouting off but thought I’d ask. 

Woodson was probably told to hire him.  Regardless of how good of an assistant he is, or could be, head coaches to need make their own decisions on assistants.

That said, I hope it's just a stupid rumor.  Having Fife as a key member of our program can be nothing but good for the Hoosiers.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Woodson was probably told to hire him.  Regardless of how good of an assistant he is, or could be, head coaches need make their own decisions on assistants.

That said, I hope it's just a stupid rumor.  Having Fife as a key member of our program can be nothing but good for the Hoosiers.  

I agree he was probably told to hire him. I sure hope it’s a dumb rumor.  

1 minute ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Probably a rumor started by the same people who guaranteed Keion Brooks would transfer to IU and that Brad Stevens was a lock to Coach IU. 

So many more and, and, that could edited.

It's amazing how things like this spread.  

What's even more amazing, the fake rumors say it is coming from Fife.  That would be a career killer with the reputation of leaking locker room info.  Fife wouldn't do that, you would assume, period.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He does have a role. He helps with game planning and with practice plans etc...He is there a few times a week.

I didn’t know that. That’s great.  Maybe he comes on as an official assistant although I hope Fife stays too. Easily one of my all time favorites. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

This is just my two cents on Fife. Love him as a player and a coach....but I wouldn't begrudge him one bit if a school like Georgia came after him and decided to take the gig. He can always return when CMW decides to hang it up....but that could be several years so I would understand  him leaving. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I didn’t know that. That’s great.  Maybe he comes on as an official assistant although I hope Fife stays too. Easily one of my all time favorites. 

This makes me wonder if thats where the Fife and Woodson drama came from. Maybe some feel that Woodson wanted Wittman but had to take Fife. I know Wittman is an unpaid resource for the team but mostly for CMW

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

So many more and, and, that could edited.

It's amazing how things like this spread.  

What's even more amazing, the fake rumors say it is coming from Fife.  That would be a career killer with the reputation of leaking locker room info.  Fife wouldn't do that, you would assume, period.  

Im going to say no chance.  I worked with his mother in law for 5 years and I couldn't get one iotta of info from her.  If he isn't telling his wife, who in turn would talk to her mother, i doubt he's telling a message board mole.  

She would even tell me, they are really tight lipped purposefully.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IUskim said:

It might be there as well but I also saw it on another site that a lot of our members also visit. 

The same guys are on multiple boards and repeat the same stuff. How or why would they know if Fife was unhappy? He's been there for less than a year. Some IU fans have a QAnon troll type personality, stirring up the pot with conspiracies. It's a good way to get attention. He seems very engaged to me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

The same guys are on multiple boards and repeat the same stuff. How or why would they know if Fife was unhappy? He's been there for less than a year. Some IU fans have a QAnon troll type personality, stirring up the pot with conspiracies. It's a good way to get attention. He seems very engaged to me. 

@kyhoosier29what’s confusing you? 

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The Q’Anon comment …. trying to connect the dots from being a conspiracy theorist to a troll. Doesn’t matter….. not interested in the discussion, just didn’t make sense to me. 

They believe any bs they read and then post the bs ad nausem somehow thinking the more they post it the more it's true all while knowing (and hoping) it will spark argument, dissent, and attention. 

• Like 1