Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I truly do not see the purpose of Rabjohns post.  It's nothing short of character assassination.  Woodson's message made it clear that the 'change' was involuntary.  The story could have stopped there.  The fan base may have speculayted for a while, but would have shifted attention the moment IU landed a new recruit or a transfer out of the portal.

Whether Rabjohns did that on is own or was prodded to by someone at the University, it should not have been done.  All it's likely to do is make Dane lash back with his version of things which will create a whole new level of dysfunction and chaos.  

Dolsen can control this. Dane had to have an agent who negotiated some kind of package for him to leave. Dolsen could/should have put in place some kind of gag order that would keep either side from turning this into a pissing match

• Like 3

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Dolsen can control this. Dane had to have an agent who negotiated some kind of package for him to leave. Dolsen could/should have put in place some kind of gag order that would keep either side from turning this into a pissing match

F'ing lawyers. Geniuses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I truly do not see the purpose of Rabjohns post.  It's nothing short of character assassination.  Woodson's message made it clear that the 'change' was involuntary.  The story could have stopped there.  The fan base may have speculayted for a while, but would have shifted attention the moment IU landed a new recruit or a transfer out of the portal.

Whether Rabjohns did that on is own or was prodded to by someone at the University, it should not have been done.  All it's likely to do is make Dane lash back with his version of things which will create a whole new level of dysfunction and chaos.  

Especially because Woodson has said repeatedly, and on multiple occasions, that he operates in a manner that keeps team issues "in house".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I predict he won't do that.  I think he is a stand up guy.  I think there will be mistakes but not of the intentional, insubordinate way.  I think he will own up to inadvertent mistakes.  Maybe it is the lawyer in me, but the campaign against him does not ring true and sounds twisted and one sided.  

It isn't Dane I'd be worried about in an appearance on Dakich's show 🙂

30 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Regardless of the details, this situation has been handled poorly. First Woodson issues a statement that makes it clear that Fife was fired, followed by leaks to the press that attack Fife’s character. Not the way to handle it. 

I think fans really overestimate the idea that sports teams "leak" stories like this. 

I'm just one guy and it's a small sample size, but in 5 years as a PR rep with an NBA team I can't remember one instance of management asking me to "leak" stuff like that, or really leak anything. 

Does that mean the GM never called a reporter to drop some draft or trade smokescreens? Probably not, but I was never aware of it. But I'm sure they did that. 

But, during my time we had to terminate a players contract because of alcoholism, we had a player tear an ACL running from a shooting scene, we had coaches fired, etc., but I can't recall a time I was asked to leak stuff to make the organization look better or make former players or coaches bad in those instances

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

This was posted earlier ….don’t believe this is what btownqb is talking about 

Yes it was. I'm simply saying he AGAIN posted. Just ungodly plain as day on his Twitter acct is more then he did earlier today imo. 

Just blasting it now. Before it seemed he was maybe just being asked for information. 

• Like 1

I always liked Fife and was thrilled when he came back to IU. I loved his interviews and having met him a couple times he was always very cool. But if he wasn't a good fit, then so be it. I've worked in environments that weren't a good fit and I was thrilled when I finally left those situations and I'm sure that's the case here. 

I understand the hand wringing to a degree, but would you really care if he wasn't from IU? I have no inside info but watching him on the bench this year, he was not overly involved in any aspect. 

I wish him the absolute best and will be rooting for him wherever he goes. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I just heard that CMW is bringing in Alford as his top assistant and eventually replacement. Everybody happy now?😁

I don’t mean to be one upping you.

I have it on the highest authority that Ivan Renko will be replacing Dane.

I fully expect that he will be a silent partner in this endeavor. 
I also expect that his recruiting prowess will be of mythical proportions 

• Haha 3