Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

14 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Can't this program not be an embarrassment for one year?  Anyway, if Fife was acting like that, then good move.  Hopefully this doesn't become a pissing match and everyone puts IU first.

What is embarrassing? We were a 12 seed that fired an assistant coach. Nothing seems embarrassing about this.

Have you ever worked for a company that has major goals that didn't make major changes along the way? 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What is embarrassing? We were a 12 seed that fired an assistant coach. Nothing seems embarrassing about this.

Have you ever worked for a company that has major goals that didn't make major changes along the way? 

Its interesting we have had former hoosiers that have left, usually on their own terms.  The fact they took Fife off recruiting tells alot.

Recent hoosiers that left IU as assistants:  Calbert and Jim Thomas, Mike Roberts.....anyone else?  

Left because of IU decision: Fife, Dakitch

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Seems easy to me. Go the Jack Welch way...as I do with my business each year. The bottom 10% go. It's up to them to not be a part of the 10%. I say it every year on January 1st. 

PS...this will be a nonstory in about 72 hours max. 

• Like 3

Probably don't have a lot to add to this conversation, but I knew several people who were in Bloomington and on the fringes of his circle during Dane's playing days, they told many stories that painted him in a certain light.  Suffice it to say if as someone posted, Dane was 100% IU, then he was 125% Dane.  I know people mature, but character can be seen early and usually doesn't change a lot.  I don't know if any of Rabby's post is true, but none of it would surprise me based on the things I have previously heard, its consistent with those early stories I was told.  All of that said, I still love Dane Fife.  I hope he does well where ever he ends up, and I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to him coming back to lead IU in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Rabjohns took the tweet down lol 

Fun times. Fun times

Yeah, I missed it, but it's probably for the best.  I don't think a public pissing match is a good thing at all.

...and I don't think Rabby will get his Christmas card from the Fife family this year...

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I’m starting to step off the cliff and understand the move. I still have concerns but we’ll see how things play out. I just feel like it’s never ending stupidity with this program.

Lmao exactly… meanwhile Purdue is competing for a National title and Painter just living life coaching his elite program in West Lafayette… and this is the kind of BS we’re dealing with. It’s  embarrassing. This program is simply cursed. 

1 minute ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Ok. I thought I read on page 12 or  13 someone talking about Matta moving on because of drama? Anyway good to know that that's not been in the rumor mill. 

Who knows. Not much has been said about Matta other than he really doesn’t know what his job is lol. He’s getting paid well though to do a lot of nothing but he got a contract for several years.

• Like 1