Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

He said a fit is necessary and has decided to make a change with that in mind. How do I interpret this as anything but Mike clarifying it’s Dane who doesn’t fit here?

Dane got fired, what do you expect Woodson and IU to say?

It was a pretty congenial statement.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Dane got fired, what do you expect Woodson and IU to say?

It was a pretty congenial statement.

Nothing? We got the news he’s leaving. Nobody is owed anything more. How many times have we intentionally never followed up on clarifying a story around the program? Like, say, when our players got suspended this year?

Nothing? We got the news he’s leaving. Nobody is owed anything more. How many times have we intentionally never followed up on clarifying a story around the program? Like, say, when our players got suspended this year?

Which again, aren't related. 

• Like 1

Danes gone ladies and gents. The real reasoning behind it could be many and abroad. Meaning, there are only a direct few that know the real deal. There is no one on this board or any other board that had anything to do with it or Rabjohns tweet. Lol

I’m just saying this is all a lot of personal opinions but let’s not anyone here take it personal. If that makes sense.

I’m gonna need more coffee to keep up with these threads. The new server is getting a load test these last couple days lol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Danes gone ladies and gents. The real reasoning behind it could be many and abroad. Meaning, there are only a direct few that know the real deal. There is no one on this board or any other board that had anything to do with it or Rabjohns tweet. Lol

I’m just saying this is all a lot of personal opinions but let’s not anyone here take it personal. If that makes sense.

I’m gonna need more coffee to keep up with these threads. The new server is getting a load test these last couple days lol. 

I was just going to say I can’t believe the server held up.  Didn’t know there was a new one

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are purposely ignoring the difference in clarification and reporting at this point. They aren’t related, they’re comparable. 

News about a 40 year old asst isn't the same as news about players on our team. 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

The university saying nothing would make this 1000x worse.

Until the university says anything and makes it official, it's just rumor and conjecture based on a reporter's story.

3 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

The university saying nothing would make this 1000x worse.

Until the university says anything and makes it official, it's just rumor and conjecture based on a reporter's story.

What did we say when Flint left again? Said nothing about a fit problem if I recall. Just that he’s leaving and left it at that. 

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

What did we say when Flint left again? Said nothing about a fit problem if I recall. Just that he’s leaving and left it at that. 

He left for a better job...he didn't get fired after one year.

This warranted a limited explanation on Woodson's part, and, again, it was a pretty congenial statement.

I get it, Fife was one of my favorite Hoosiers. They made that run when I was a freshman in high school. I pretended I was Fife, Hornsby, or Coverdale hitting game winning threes in my driveway literally thousands of times.

None of that means Dane Fife gets to do whatever the hell he wants.

If you want to be mad at anyone here, be mad at Rabjohns for sharing the gory details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I kept hearing DD saying how bad the press release was, so I was going back to read it.  Looking at this I don't see how anyone could say that Woodson discredited Dane in anyway.

It just blows my mind why so many IU fans,….very loyal and proud fans, continue to be sucked into DD’s latest IU rants. He’s just a first class ass. As far as I’m concerned, he’s “pi$$ed in one to many former IU coaches and player’s cherrios” and doesn’t blink an eye. Talk about IU eating their own, he’s the poster boy for that!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I just blows my mind why so many IU fans,….very loyal and proud fans, continue to be sucked into DD’s latest IU rants. He’s just a first class ass. As far as I’m concerned, he’s “pi$$ed in one to many former IU coaches and players cherrios” and doesn’t blink an eye. Talk about IU eating their own, he’s the poster boy for that!

He’s a jealous SOB is what Dakich is.  Not saying he doesn’t speak the truth sometimes but he also talks out of both sides of his mouth every day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Chris007 also said Fife might be gone a month ago. He is right as often as anyone I have ever seen on these kind of boards.

Yeah, I think you have to give him props there.  I thought he was completely full of it, but I'll pay more attention to him next time.

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just blows my mind why so many IU fans,….very loyal and proud fans, continue to be sucked into DD’s latest IU rants. He’s just a first class ass. As far as I’m concerned, he’s “pi$$ed in one to many former IU coaches and players cherrios” and doesn’t blink an eye. Talk about IU eating their own, he’s the poster boy for that!

I think he is upset because he thinks Woody has told people not to come on his show.  I know earlier in the season Landon Turner came on the show but later on rejected the offers.  It probably was after he went on his rant about this being the dumbest team he remembers seeing.

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

I think he is upset because he thinks Woody has told people not to come on his show.  I know earlier in the season Landon Turner came on the show but later on rejected the offers.  It probably was after he went on his rant about this being the dumbest team he remembers seeing.

If Woody did, in fact tell people not to come on his show, good for him! Coach Woodson is going to protect any former coach or player who were blessed to be a part of IU’s rich history. He knows DD is a drama Queen, tool who’s only interested in himself and boosting his ratings at all costs!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah, at the end of the day I think the truth will probably be that both sides could have done some things better to try to resolve the situation. Like most things in life, things like this are rarely black and white, but gray. I think what many can agree on is that both of these men love IU and I hope they put IU first and not have a public spectacle about which side is right. I have to think that would serve both of them well moving forward.

These are the words of person who has been or is married.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I kept hearing DD saying how bad the press release was, so I was going back to read it.  Looking at this I don't see how anyone could say that Woodson discredited Dane in anyway.

Yeah, if Danny thinks the press release is rough, he's just soft... and I mean Charmin ultra soft.

• Like 2