Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think almost all of what is being alleged is true, yes. I spoke with a guy that has had very specific information before. Which I completely understand others on the board will laugh at me about... no problem with that. 

And ultimately where I am... most of those incidents are fireable by themselves. 

Okay thanks for your responses I actually enjoy reading The insider tidbits. It'll be interesting to see how Dane does from here on out. I admit I'm somewhat biased he's always been one of my favorites

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharp75 said:

Okay thanks for your responses I actually enjoy reading The insider tidbits. It'll be interesting to see how Dane does from here on out. I admit I'm somewhat biased he's always been one of my favorites

I was too! I freaking loved Dane and didn't want to believe this. 

I also don't want to be considered an insider, at all. I am not one. Every so often... again- Brunk and Romeo and a few other cases.. this guy has been exactly right. He doesn't give doesnt just to spread it around.. its more, I ask a question and he gives me the reality of it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

When this is over its going to rival the Romeo thread for number of pages 

I think we are at the point in the fight, that there are two old, very tired men, setting in their respective corners, exhausted, yelling at the other of how each kicked the others azz. Panting, sweat everywhere and possibly pain radiating down their left arms and chest pain.   

• Haha 7

If Michael and Dane are good friends, Coach Lewis has to at least entertain the idea of reaching out to Dane about coming in staff. I’m sure he already knows what Dane would say, but at least he can ask. It would definitely be a  step down from his previous two jobs…There have been crazier ideas..lol

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

So, what would take to convince you Dane did this stuff? Like... for you to be able to confidently say, yes Dane did that. 

For me, it doesn't really matter.  If he did do that stuff, fine, he should have been fired.  My beef is really more with 2 things:

1.  I don't like the way it was handled with the statements.  Where there is probably some disagreement is with Rabjohns' role in everything.  With something like this, I think Rabjohns does not go as cut throat without someone at Indiana telling him to go for it.  I don't like that with an Indiana guy.  We had a dude who was a Duke guy and actively recruiting for them and he got treated better than that.  That is my biggest beef.

2.  Fife's reaction to this is not right if everything we have heard is true, but the way Woodson is doing his assistants (reportedly) is not something I think is a great idea.  He came in talking about collaboration and all that, but it is clear that the guys he wants to collaborate with are not officially on staff.  I don't think that is a recipe for success if you are looking to being in motivated assistants.  JMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Anyone care to give me the TLDR of the last 20 pages or so?

Fife was fired.
Not a good look
Woodson to Blame
RabJohn released detailed messages of why
Fife is to blame and should have been fired
25+ pages of arguing who is to blame, what is to be believe, passive agressive content, aggressive content, arguing and fighting, 5fouls comic relief

I think that covers it mostly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was too! I freaking loved Dane and didn't want to believe this. 

I also don't want to be considered an insider, at all. I am not one. Every so often... again- Brunk and Romeo and a few other cases.. this guy has been exactly right. He doesn't give doesnt just to spread it around.. its more, I ask a question and he gives me the reality of it. 🤷‍♂️

It must be frustrating for Dane right now anything he says to defend himself probably hurts himself as far as future job opportunities people were even tearing apart his statement about always being a Hoosier

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

For me, it doesn't really matter.  If he did do that stuff, fine, he should have been fired.  My beef is really more with 2 things:

1.  I don't like the way it was handled with the statements.  Where there is probably some disagreement is with Rabjohns' role in everything.  With something like this, I think Rabjohns does not go as cut throat without someone at Indiana telling him to go for it.  I don't like that with an Indiana guy.  We had a dude who was a Duke guy and actively recruiting for them and he got treated better than that.  That is my biggest beef.

2.  Fife's reaction to this is not right if everything we have heard is true, but the way Woodson is doing his assistants (reportedly) is not something I think is a great idea.  He came in talking about collaboration and all that, but it is clear that the guys he wants to collaborate with are not officially on staff.  I don't think that is a recipe for success if you are looking to being in motivated assistants.  JMO.

I don't think you have #2s story correct. I think that might change things. I also don't think you're stupid because I disagree with you. I just want to make that abundantly clear for everyone. I am argumentative as s*** , but I feel I usually have a decent case behind it. 

But Tom Brady still f'ing sucks. 😅😅😅

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Fife was fired.
Not a good look
Woodson to Blame
RabJohn released detailed messages of why
Fife is to blame and should have been fired
25+ pages of arguing who is to blame, what is to be believe, passive agressive content, aggressive content, arguing and fighting, 5fouls comic relief

I think that covers it mostly

Pretty good synopsis, honestly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think you have #2s story correct. I think that might change things. I also don't think you're stupid because I disagree with you. I just want to make thay abundantly clear for everyone. I am argumentative as s*** , but I feel I usually have a decent case behind it. 

But Tom Brady still f'ing sucks. 😅😅😅

Things would change on #2 if not correct, but not #1.  Rabjohns was a hatchet man and nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

Completely agree with your last statement.