Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

I don't know one way or another on this stuff, but what I do know is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to think MSU would look the other way on bad behavior.

This kind of goes with a very "out of left field" idea that pooped in my head about all of this.

What if the offensive, come at you, matter of fact, direct behavior that that Dane has, we the sort of thing that recruited "stronger" type players to MSU? By stronger I mean mentally or the ability to progress through the shadow of adversity. Which of course my mind wonders into past feelings of maybe the admin culture at IU was working against the MBB team, by promoting a certain kind of "weak" progressive culture kind of environment. 

Maybe his style actually helped make MSU a standard for the last 10 years, while IU just won't let that type of success stand in their way of doing things. Like I said, outta left field. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

This kind of goes with a very "out of left field" idea that pooped in my head about all of this.

What if the offensive, come at you, matter of fact, direct behavior that that Dane has, we the sort of thing that recruited "stronger" type players to MSU? By stronger I mean mentally or the ability to progress through the shadow of adversity. Which of course my mind wonders into past feelings of maybe the admin culture at IU was working against the MBB team, by promoting a certain kind of "weak" progressive culture kind of environment. 

Maybe his style actually helped make MSU a standard for the last 10 years, while IU just won't let that type of success stand in their way of doing things. Like I said, outta left field. 

Setting aside the individual, I've had concerns for awhile about the team's mental toughness.  I think it got better as the year went on, but speaking generally about the program over the last 20 years, yeah...I think IU's teams have been pretty soft for the most part.  We don't need to go back to choking players in practice, but I'm hopeful that Woody can ramp up the mental toughness a bit.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, IU_Realist said:

Thank JD Campbell for another smear campaign which he did for Crean a lot. Woodson most likely isn’t that far away from it.  

Heard back from some of my sources, who I did not reach out to after the breaking the news.  Kind of keep my info to my own observations and what I read and hear into it is appropriate to learn more.  

Going to not go into too much detail.  I'll keep it to this:  Fife would share what Rabby posted with anyone that would listen himself.  This included people helping him in Bloomington.

The players also had feedback and it is a time where civil discourse is more important than ever no matter what your beleifs are.........  

This apparently was not a secret.  To me, in Chicago, reading message boards as an IU basketball fanatic, I didn’t want to beleive anything was wrong and IU basketball  was back to a perfect story.

You can see by the Walsh hire - this isn’t about Mike Woodson, it is about players, recruiting, and moving the program forward in an environment where all should feel a sense of belonging.

Hopefully all learn from this.

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

If any trolls need a VPN I can sell you some on the cheap. Just DM your CC numbers. Very safe. Very legit. Very secure*

*all purchases come with free Matt Painter inspirational headbands 

I’ll need to speak to my financial representative in Nigeria first. :coffee: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Heard back from some of my sources, who I did not reach out to after the breaking the news.  Kind of keep my info to my own observations and what I read and hear into it is appropriate to learn more.  

Going to not go into too much detail.  I'll keep it to this:  Fife would share what Rabby posted with anyone that would listen himself.  This included people helping him in Bloomington.

The players also had feedback and it is a time where civil discourse is more important than ever no matter what your beleifs are.........  

This apparently was not a secret.  To me, in Chicago, reading message boards as an IU basketball fanatic, I didn’t want to beleive anything was wrong and IU basketball  was back to a perfect story.

You can see by the Walsh hire - this isn’t about Mike Woodson, it is about players, recruiting, and moving the program forward in an environment where all should feel a sense of belonging.

Hopefully all learn from this.

I'm not sure I follow? 

Edited by OGIUAndy