Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not happening. 

Kopp has a place on this team.  He brought an edge along with X this year that was needed.  When he first transferred, the talk from him and Woodson was one year.  Things have changed, maybe.  Not sure, just guessing.  However, he brings a toughness and a threat from the outside.  Like any player, the offseason is important, and if we have tripple threat guards/wings added, he can have terrific value.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Kopp has a place on this team.  He brought an edge along with X this year that was needed.  When he first transferred, the talk from him and Woodson was one year.  Things have changed, maybe.  Not sure, just guessing.  However, he brings a toughness and a threat from the outside.  Like any player, the offseason is important, and if we have tripple threat guards/wings added, he can have terrific value.  

Can see Kopp playing some minutes at the 4. It would help spread the floor and open some driving lanes. If race leaves. I can see Kopp and Geronimo playing the 4. Kopp could play minutes at the 3 and 4.  Would work well with a long athletic center that can defend and rebound.  Maybe we get lucky and Davis comes back.  If race comes back you could play race at the 5 some and Kopp at the 4.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

This response part of the rumors that Fife didn't feel like the playing time was being handed out correctly?

Nope. More about the fact that Kopp is coming back. He doesn’t graduate until December and isn’t transferring to sit out and not have his degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Can see Kopp playing some minutes at the 4. It would help spread the floor and open some driving lanes. If race leaves. I can see Kopp and Geronimo playing the 4. Kopp could play minutes at the 3 and 4.  Would work well with a long athletic center that can defend and rebound.  Maybe we get lucky and Davis comes back.  If race comes back you could play race at the 5 some and Kopp at the 4.  

Yeah, it would work if we had Kareem at center.   🙄

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

For sure, my only guess-work is that Kopp was being asked to do things beyond his role.  He has never been a ball in hands type of player who creates.  He is a very good basketball player who leads a team.  Put together 2 more on the perimeter that can create, he has a role that is better for him, catch and shoot.  

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

For sure, my only guess-work is that Kopp was being asked to do things beyond his role.  He has never been a ball in hands type of player who creates.  He is a very good basketball player who leads a team.  Put together 2 more on the perimeter that can create, he has a role that is better for him, catch and shoot.  

Playing Kopp with Stewart so much together wasn’t to his benefit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

No thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our injuries were plenty of that imo. 

I agree, but Woody was also being stubborn. There were times when ANYONE else should have been playing. He gave those two a lot of leeway, but not others. Stewart was an underrated defensive player but man he had a tendency to lose his guy or foul a three at the worst times, not to mentioned he missed a lot of open threes. Kopp, very similar. IU was a different team when both contributed, but that was few and far between. The BIG is ripe for IU, just need an upgrade in talent, and I think Woody will do it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree, but Woody was also being stubborn. There were times when ANYONE else should have been playing. He gave those two a lot of leeway, but not others. Stewart was an underrated defensive player but man he had a tendency to lose his guy or foul a three at the worst times, not to mentioned he missed a lot of open threes. Kopp, very similar. IU was a different team when both contributed, but that was few and far between. The BIG is ripe for IU, just need an upgrade in talent, and I think Woody will do it. 

Which games? I don't disagree with their play at times. 

But those injuries don't only effect the games that those players were out. I do know outside of the Wyoming game... PS played under 20mpg from Michigan BTT game and on. 

1 minute ago, Coach Shep said:

Yeah, why should he transfer. He played terrible, lost games by taking bad shots, missed curfew, played hero ball yet always started and played big minutes

You’re right. He did but his play along with TJD is the only reason IU won enough games to get into the tournament. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am tired of coach Shep's stupidity. We need to stop paying attention to him.  We just need to report him to the mods and let them take care of him.

Jusr because you disagree doesnt make me stupid. It makes you stupid to quiet an opposing view

Edited by Coach Shep
  • Like 1