Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's a mischaracterization to say Rabjohns and Fife were friends.  A friend would never post something that damaging, regardless of whether it was true or not.

There are two sides to every relationship.  Often times there are no rights and no wrongs.  Just differences.  I don't see a need to condemn either side here.  Any of us random message board dudes that have pledged 100% allegiance to one side or the other are not looking at it correctly.  

Much as with the NIL, if the 'politics' component of Rabjohns post is true, then Dane should know better.  Politics have no place outside a person's own head.  Dane may have a hard time finding another job if that piece of the story is true, at least with a high-profile university.

Dysfunction is bad for the program.  As long as the core members of the team stay the course, this move is best for all concerned. The players need to know that the coaching staff is united for the good of the team.   

Good post, very true

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I just logged off to put my kids to bed but I will try to reply later. But you reminded me about Matta.  Let’s see if he survives.  He was also foisted on Woodson.  

Bob, I've read through everything and I really don't see anyone Piling on Dane. To me it all seems pretty middle of the road, with the exception of you. You seem to be well past center over on Dane's side. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve a fair shake, Actually I think most everyone is giving him that. You seem personally involved more than anyone else I have read. It's cool, I get it, but I don't see any piling on.

Either way, we have all succeeded and failed. At the end of the story, Dane IS a Hoosier and will always be! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

I mean seriously, if Matta leaves because of some internal drama then that would signal failure at the top. Which, wouldn’t surprise me.

Matta was the number one reason I had hope for this staff over every single one of them. I really hope he sticks around.

I still have no idea what his role is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's a mischaracterization to say Rabjohns and Fife were friends.  A friend would never post something that damaging, regardless of whether it was true or not.

There are two sides to every relationship.  Often times there are no rights and no wrongs.  Just differences.  I don't see a need to condemn either side here.  Any of us random message board dudes that have pledged 100% allegiance to one side or the other are not looking at it correctly.  

Much as with the NIL, if the 'politics' component of Rabjohns post is true, then Dane should know better.  Politics have no place outside a person's own head.  Dane may have a hard time finding another job if that piece of the story is true, at least with a high-profile university.

Dysfunction is bad for the program.  As long as the core members of the team stay the course, this move is best for all concerned. The players need to know that the coaching staff is united for the good of the team.   

That’s a dangerous position for a so called journalist to take… as a friend. If true, it certainly raises an eyebrow to anything Rabjohns says regarding this situation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reasonable. I'm perfectly fine with "no blame needed". 

I would also mention... the "knocks" on Dane started when it was automatically assumed that Woodson was at fault. I'm absolutely fine with there not being a scoreboard. 

• Like 4

Just now, BGleas said:

Whatever the cause, whoever is at fault, I feel bad for Dane Fife and his family. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one bit I've had to move my family and there are challenges with that. It must be really hard to be facing that just 1 year after uprooting them. 

Especially with young kids.  Money does mean much to those young kids, stability does though.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I take back what I said about being a bad look.  Totally just looks bad on Dane now.  Sounds like Dane is the egotistical one.  Props to Woody for being the leader and doing what needed to be done.  Sounds like it wasn’t that tough of a decision after reading Rabbys post. Wowsers!!

That’s exactly where I’m at with this 0708! I feel we finally have head coach   that’s not concerned about hurt feelings and is willing to make tough decisions when it gets in the way of making IU Basketball better. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Regardless of the details, this situation has been handled poorly. First Woodson issues a statement that makes it clear that Fife was fired, followed by leaks to the press that attacks Fife’s character. Not the way to handle it. 

I truly do not see the purpose of Rabjohns post.  It's nothing short of character assassination.  Woodson's message made it clear that the 'change' was involuntary.  The story could have stopped there.  The fan base may have speculated for a while, but would have shifted attention the moment IU landed a new recruit or a transfer out of the portal.

Whether Rabjohns did that on is own or was prodded to by someone at the University, it should not have been done.  All it's likely to do is make Dane lash back with his version of things which will create a whole new level of dysfunction and chaos.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

CMW knows best 

C0496687-337E-4003-830D-0F554CE3C44C.jpeg

We've all heard Rabby talk for 20+ years. Maybe it's age or maturity but his tone was different today...almost like come on man you have to be kidding me you thought this stuff was ok. Not in a bad way....but in a way where Rabby is like dude you are at IU. You can't be saying these things,etc...

Either way...want Coach Fife to do well. He will. Also glad our leader has the brass to make the call to get rid of something that he perceives as in his way for IU to return to glory. 

• Like 5