Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have fired people and hired people. Never felt the need to belittle those I let go. I have enough confidence in myself to know that if I fired someone it was warranted

If you were an asst at Indiana, you would have not acted the way Dane Fife did. Why is that so hard for you to admit? Dane messed up man. 

38 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Because he  could have easily said there  was just cause for Fife To be let go without running a guy through the mud. Once again another example of IU eating its own and creating more drama than needed. Woodson could have said irreconcilable differences. With that answer we would have to potentially own some of the fault. 

But didn’t reasonable minds conclude it was justified? I know my gut reaction was that Woodson must have had a good reason.

But many dug in and just couldn’t accept it was justified, so details were provided. Why would Rabjohns saying it was justified without providing detail suffice but it didn’t when Woodson said so? I don’t buy that a single person would have been swayed- the line I believe I’m seeing is that Rabby is just putting out what IU wants. You can’t tell me if he didn’t provide detail you’d have taken that seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you were an asst at Indiana, you would have not acted the way Dane Fife did. Why is that so hard for you to admit? Dane messed up man. 

Yeah he messed up but you don’t leak shit and get it posted all over the biggest IU fanbase site. I have fired people and never in my entire life have treated people like this. That’s the issue.  Indiana is a shitty administration for handling it this way. 

The NW stuff isn’t posted anywhere so I am guessing the same could have been applied here but some dumbass decided not to. 

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Really? Really? I would sue his but and IUs butt. They gave a ton of information some over done and some crazy talk to the biggest forum of Indiana sports. That violates so much in employment law I don’t even know where to begin.  There is a way better way of doing this than having all the dirty laundry out because it is all not rosy for IU either. Thank JD Campbell for another smear campaign which he did for Crean a lot. Woodson most likely isn’t that far away from it.  

What employment law has been violated? He was fired and is being paid his full contract.

Based on what we’ve heard I’m not sure he couldn’t have been fired for cause and paid nothing. IU did try to take the high road, IMO. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Why is everyone deleting everything now? I would also care to wager that IU will be paying out more after this shit show. 

I don’t understand why this is such a big deal. Literally no one cares except for 20 people and Fife’s family. If these details didn’t come out, this would be 50 pages of people bashing Woodson. Woodson is still here at IU. A little bit of self preservation here with the leaked details. If even half of what has been reported is true, it sounds like Fife was more of a detriment to the program than anything. Cut the wart off. It will heal back better.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t know a lot of people that seemed to think an expose of the NU situation was warranted to justify what Woodson did, but I have unfortunately seen a ton of you that made this an inevitable reality with Fife.

You guys rushed to defend Fife like he is some sacred son and trashed a much better (in every way) Hoosier in the process. The result was inevitable thanks to the backlash that was provided. 

I am just relaying Dakich's point.

But I will say, in my view, there is no way this is 100% Fife's fault.  Like anything, it takes two to tango.  Woodson was part of this dance.  Rabjohns confirmed that Woody couldn't deal with the perception that Fife was the heir apparent.  He resented Fife for that even though Fife publicly said he was never offered that scenario, it was never discussed, and he wasn't thinking about it.  

Fife didn't suddenly become the Anti-Christ and Woody has a halo.  Fife loves IU.  He and Woody didn't get along.  Fine.  It's best he had to go because the character assassination of Fife shows how much animus there is.  But to sit here and pretend it's all Fife and none on Woody is ridiculous to me.  Woody is not some angel in this.  They had an obvious conflict and it goes both ways.  

Beyond that, what Rabjohns did was loathsome.  After my family went to bed late last night, I was cleaning the kitchen listening to him.  It was a full-on attack of Dane. No nuance.  Just smugly trashed him.  I wanted to put my hand through a glass plate, I was so furious.  Way past unprofessional, but also incredible.  Shame on Rabby and the Peegs organization for selling an honorable man out just to curry favors with IU management.  It was as transparent as the glass plate I wanted to punch.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't see anyone saying he should not have been let go. The issue is why run his name more the mud. It's not hard to see that. 

Go back and read what was said in the first few pages of this thread after the firing. Those type of posts are why Rabby posted what he did.

If you’re mad it got posted then blame the people that automatically assumed a real IU legend was some hapless, egotistical jack ass. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I don’t understand why this is such a big deal. Literally no one cares except for 20 people and Fife’s family. If these details didn’t come out, this would be 50 pages of people bashing Woodson. Woodson is still here at IU. A little bit of self preservation here with the leaked details. If even half of what has been reported is true, it sounds like Fife was more of a detriment to the program than anything. Cut the wart off. It will heal back better.

If I'm an assistant coach I'm laughing at the idea of coming here right now. If you don't fit they make sure everyone knows its because of you and not them, and let the rumor mill eat your reputation up.

Fife and his family should also be enough to consider it a big deal. Don't make his exit worse on him when you're the one forcing him out because he doesnt fit with you. Dane didnt do anything wrong or illegal and this is Mike's choice.

Edited by Bushmage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What employment law has been violated? He was fired and is being paid his full contract.

Based on what we’ve heard I’m not sure he couldn’t have been fired for cause and paid nothing. IU did try to take the high road, IMO. 

You don’t do what they did to him which is why you see it vanishing all over. They will pay him more than what he is owed.  I guarantee it.  If I did this at my firm, I would be paying a couple years salary.  Are you an executive at your firm? I am not allowed to mention why someone was fired and I am not allowed to talk about why they were fired. I just say it wasn’t a good fit. Then it’s over. Don’t talk about their record to other firms, etc. This is not how you handle things.  IU shit the bed.  Disappointed.  I had to go through all these meetings when I became partner.  So poorly handled.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Or #2 just could be looked at like nbd at all?

we've established thats how you feel about this but others feel differently and its just as valid. I care that theyre going the extra mile to know he didnt fit with us. Its strange and its almost like deflecting blame off of anything Mike may have done to sour the relationship. Which we know nothing concrete about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Yeah he messed up but you don’t leak shit and get it posted all over the biggest IU fanbase site. I have fired people and never in my entire life have treated people like this. That’s the issue.  Indiana is a shitty administration for handling it this way. 

The NW stuff isn’t posted anywhere so I am guessing the same could have been applied here but some dumbass decided not to. 

"You don't leak shit."  Did that apply to Fife a month or two ago when he leaked that he was unhappy about Woodson relying on consultants?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am just relaying Dakich's point.

But I will say, in my view, there is no way this is 100% Fife's fault.  Like anything, it takes two to tango.  Woodson was part of this dance.  Rabjohns confirmed that Woody couldn't deal with the perception that Fife was the heir apparent.  He resented Fife for that even though Fife publicly said he was never offered that scenario, it was never discussed, and he wasn't thinking about it.  

Fife didn't suddenly become the Anti-Christ and Woody has a halo.  Fife loves IU.  He and Woody didn't get along.  Fine.  It's best he had to go because the character assassination of Fife shows how much animus there is.  But to sit here and pretend it's all Fife and none on Woody is ridiculous to me.  Woody is not some angel in this.  They had an obvious conflict and it goes both ways.  

Beyond that, what Rabjohns did was loathsome.  After my family went to bed late last night, I was cleaning the kitchen listening to him.  It was a full-on attack of Dane. No nuance.  Just smugly trashed him.  I wanted to put my hand through a glass plate, I was so furious.  Way past unprofessional, but also incredible.  Shame on Rabby and the Peegs organization for selling an honorable man out just to curry favors with IU management.  It was as transparent as the glass plate I wanted to punch.  

Tough post to take seriously, Bob. Do I need to go quote all of your posts before the Rabby posts?

There was no quarter given to Woody by you about this. The hand was forced by you and others because you were taking shots at a guy that is better than Fife in every way; better player, better coach, better person. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Fife was also the one that held IU hostage after they fired RMK.  He threatened that all the players would leave if they didn't hire Davis and Treloar.

Fair point. Fife very well may be the single most responsible person for the time since RMK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How old are you?  Just curious.

Did you ask him how old he was because of back issues. Because I'm 37 I'm my lumbar region is wrecked. My sciatic neverve is pinched the the tendons in my left ankle are calcified to the point I may need orthopedic surgery.  When you hit 35 life start to be painful. Just ask coach Woody. 

• Thanks 1