Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Did you ask him how old he was because of back issues. Because I'm 37 I'm my lumbar region is wrecked. My sciatic neverve is pinched the the tendons in my left ankle are calcified to the point I may need orthopedic surgery.  When you hit 35 life start to be painful. Just ask coach Woody. 

Heads up, you are not going to enjoy 40. Just givin ya a heads up Bro! 😄

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Tough post to take seriously, Bob. Do I need to go quote all of your posts before the Rabby posts?

There was know quarter given to Woody by you about this. The hand was forced by you and others because you were taking shots at a guy that is better than Fife in every way; better player, better coach, better person. 

I’m glad you’ve anointed yourself the judge of who is the better person. Come on. Don’t cast stones at me then do that.  

Let's leave this discussion that both parties are at fault and now is time to move on.  I liked Dane but never saw why anyone would want him as the HC here because he didn't really have HC experience at this level.  I always wondered why he would give up a HC at IPFW to be an assistant coach.

• Like 1

I keep coming back to these few things. Mike Woodson loves IU. Mike Woodson loves IU and all the guys who have been a part of the program's history. So this tells me he understood and knows what he was doing, the consequences, the conversations, etc....about letting go the heir apparent which tells me this.

The stuff DF did or was doing while not a firing offense 1 by 1....they all added up to Coach Woodson having to make this call. Perhaps an unintended consequence is this. Players who come into this program know there's one guy in charge. It's his way because they have to be saying to themselves today if he's going to let a former IU player go....what's he gonna do with me?

Reminds of 84 Olympics when Knight jumped Jordan's stuff. He always said if he's jumping Jordan...what are the players thinking.

Don't mind this move one bit at all. The rest is just noise. Coach Woodson is about putting players/staff all on the same page for IU. Just like with players....staff can come and go as well but the constant is going to be Woodson. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

You just don’t understand how IU operates.  Talk to Peegs during the Crean years even though he most likely won’t want to admit his press pass about being pulled by Campbell because of a bad article about Crean. He ended up deleting the article. Campbell leaked this shit to Rabjohns and it has gotten out of control now and I guess it’s now gone.  

Come on. You know just as much as Scott. Your’e the one tossing out terms like ‘law suits’ and ‘suing’ out there. How do you know it was a hit job from the administration? Do you have a source. If you don’t it’s just a theory.

This rumor has been out there for more than a month. If it’s that wide spread it could come from many sources: the players, the managers, the assistant coaches, etc. Or all of the above. But Rabby shooting off his mouth on twitter (again, this was NOT published) is not on the administration, it’s on Rabby. Fife messing up is on Fife. 

• Like 4

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

The fan base at each other’s throats.  I hope the IU AD’s office is happy with their work here.  

Haven't see anything from the athletic office since the statement yesterday.  Didn't see anything in that statement that said anything bad about Dane.  Some people with their conspiracy theories about who leaked what is funny.

• Like 4

we've now reached ranking who is the better human being so I think I'm out. So much of this is such strange rationalizing to confirm to yourselves Mike can do and has done no wrong when the only concrete stuff we have to go on is that IU took a detour to let the public know Dane Fife doesnt fit here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

I said I would if this ever happened to me. This is totally inappropriate and opens the University up to so much litigation. If my firm ever handled anything like this we would have to pay out lots of money.  

Curious what your case would be. At will state and all. What would you argue? Specifics please. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Go back and read what was said in the first few pages of this thread after the firing. Those type of posts are why Rabby posted what he did.

If you’re mad it got posted then blame the people that automatically assumed a real IU legend was some hapless, egotistical jack ass. 

So you know why he Posted it and I am sure it had nothing to do with what the University wanted to be heard right. 

I notbeven the least bit mad. Only 3 things do I get mad over. Someone negatively impacting my faith, family or business. 

I just don't like running a guy through the wringer even more than what the firing did.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bushmage said:

we've now reached ranking who is the better human being so I think I'm out. So much of this is such strange rationalizing to confirm to yourselves Mike can do and has done no wrong when the only concrete stuff we have to go on is that IU took a detour to let the public know Dane Fife doesnt fit here.

Who said Woodson did no wrong? but he was being crucified after the announcement without anyone knowing the reason for the firing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

But didn’t reasonable minds conclude it was justified? I know my gut reaction was that Woodson must have had a good reason.

But many dug in and just couldn’t accept it was justified, so details were provided. Why would Rabjohns saying it was justified without providing detail suffice but it didn’t when Woodson said so? I don’t buy that a single person would have been swayed- the line I believe I’m seeing is that Rabby is just putting out what IU wants. You can’t tell me if he didn’t provide detail you’d have taken that seriously. 

Of course he is. He is not dumb enough to burn that bridge. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and all kidding other stupid cliches