Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

So you know why he Posted it and I am sure it had nothing to do with what the University wanted to be heard right. 

I notbeven the least bit mad. Only 3 things do I get mad over. Someone negatively impacting my faith, family or business. 

I just don't like running a guy through the wringer even more than what the firing did.

Its very possible that was ONE reporters mistake. Very, very, very possible. 

Plus.. almost all that stuff was taken down. I personally believe Woodson did that. I think he told them to shut up. 

Rabjohns took that tweet down last night within an hour. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you were an asst at Indiana, you would have not acted the way Dane Fife did. Why is that so hard for you to admit? Dane messed up man. 

Of course he messed up and I would given my left nut to be an asst there. If I did mess up and lose my job I would not deserve to have Rabby dish my dirt out. Being fired from a place I love would be more than sufficient 

• Like 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Of course he messed up and I would given my left nut to be an asst there. If I did mess up and lose my job I would not deserve to have Rabby dish my dirt out. Being fired from a place I love would be more than sufficient 

I just think you should be way more pissed off at Dane. Just my thoughts. I thought it should be a given the media sucks. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who said Woodson did no wrong? but he was being crucified after the announcement without anyone knowing the reason for the firing.

I mean in this very thread I'm reading time and again how Dane is a lesser person than Mike and Mike had to do what he had to do. Haven't heard a peep about what Mike may have done to sour the relationship. Which is why you never let this stuff surface in the first place. Mike had no problem owning blame for games our players clearly lost for us during the season, he should know to own this one as well. But instead, he chose to clarify its Dane who doesnt fit here. Unnecessary and embarrassing. 

Edited by Bushmage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Its very possible that was ONE reporters mistake. Very, very, very possible. 

Plus.. almost all that stuff was taken down. I personally believe Woodson did that. I think he told them to shut up. 

Rabjohns took that tweet down last night within an hour. 

Hasn’t Rabby been floating this narrative this for a few weeks now? And many didn’t believe him? That post really seemed like an instantly regretted, ego-ridden ‘I told you so post’. 

…sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. 

• Like 2

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Hasn’t Rabby been floating this narrative this for a few weeks now? And many didn’t believe him? That post really seemed like an instantly regretted, ego-ridden ‘I told you so post’. 

…sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. 

Yes and yes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

A collection of some of the posts from before the Rabby post. This is from one IU site that is a little smaller than some others. That’s what forced this. Blame yourselves if you’re mad it happened. 

Blame us for what?? Jesus why does it have to be anyones fault other than it didn’t work out??  I mean I’m on Woodys side but I also don’t think Dane is a horrible person either.  It just didn’t work

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

I mean in this very thread I'm reading time and again how Dane is a lesser person than Mike and Mike had to do what he had to do. Haven't heard a peep about what Mike may have done to sour the relationship. Which is why you never let this stuff surface in the first place. Mike had no problem owning blame for games our players clearly lost for us during the season, he should know to own this one as well. But instead, he chose to clarify its Dane who doesnt fit here. Unnecessary and embarrassing. 

He did? Where?

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m glad you’ve anointed yourself the judge of who is the better person. Come on. Don’t cast stones at me then do that.  

I mean it’s honestly pretty obvious who is based on publicly available information. I don’t really want to take shots at Dane, but you keep kinda forcing everyone to because you’re not thinking straight on this for some reason. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just think you should be way more pissed off at Dane. Just my thoughts. I thought it should be a given the media sucks. 

I am not ticked at any of it.  You know what I am waiting results grom Aydens bone marrow biopsy so this is nothing of importance to me. I just do not feel the need to bash someone who screwed up

• Like 6

God, this is tedious…

Rabjohns and DD are in the business of selling advertising by getting people (suckers) to pay attention to what they say. I’d say that they have succeeded in spades on that account.

Regardless of what side you are on, what you think happened, who you think is to blame, are you going to stop being a Hoosier fan over this?

If the answer to that last question is “no”, then what else matters? Is your level of fandom going to be determined by how much of the “real story “ is disclosed? 

The fact of the matter is, we have a coaching opening. We also have roster spots opening. What good does it do to hash and rehash what happened? How about turning our attention to building the best possible team we can for next season? 

We all love IU basketball here, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Blame us for what?? Jesus why does it have to be anyones fault other than it didn’t work out??  I mean I’m on Woodys side but I also don’t think Dane is a horrible person either.  It just didn’t work

The fact that Rabby’s post happened. Many of the people quoted have claimed they’re mad Rabby posted it and a simple, “it wasn’t working” would have sufficed. Here’s the proof that would have never appeased a lot of people. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

A collection of some of the posts from before the Rabby post. This is from one IU site that is a little smaller than some others. That’s what forced this. Blame yourselves if you’re mad it happened. 

Since you say so. Give me some whacks with a ruler and I will do some hail Mary's or something for forgiveness 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Don't include me in your fairytale. Pure conjecture that a fan board or three has anything to do with some conspiracy idea. Lol wowzer

• Haha 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

The fact that Rabby’s post happened. Many of the people quoted have claimed they’re mad Rabby posted it and a simple, “it wasn’t working” would have sufficed. Here’s the proof that would have never appeased a lot of people. 

That was also before Woodsons statement and Danes so it’s hard to say that for me.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

God, this is tedious…

Rabjohns and DD are in the business of selling advertising by getting people (suckers) to pay attention to what they say. I’d say that they have succeeded in spades on that account.

Regardless of what side you are on, what you think happened, who you think is to blame, are you going to stop being a Hoosier fan over this?

If the answer to that last question is “no”, then what else matters? Is your level of fandom going to be determined by how much of the “real story “ is disclosed? 

The fact of the matter is, we have a coaching opening. We also have roster spots opening. What good does it do to hash and rehash what happened? How about turning our attention to building the best possible team we can for next season? 

We all love IU basketball here, right?

……A pair of prostitutes calling each other sluts. 😎 

• Haha 2

Just now, Inequality said:

Don't include me in your fairytale. Pure conjecture that a fan board or three has anything to do with some conspiracy idea. Lol wowzer

It’s not a fairytale. There’s a significant amount of posts saying Rabby should have just said it didn’t work out, I’m just displaying what the sentiment was prior to him giving specifics.

The only fairytale is that this situation isn’t Dane Fife’s fault. 

• Like 1