INDIANA BEATS ILLINOIS POSTGAME THREAD

KDB

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I think we are in, but I have no faith in the committee acknowledging the injuries we had.

I could see us inexplicably still out or i could see us be one of those teams with a higher then anticipated seed and the committee saying we were always in. Who knows!

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Huge win for the program and I am very happy for these players. They have been through a lot the last few years and deserve some success.

I am kicking myself because on Wednesday I was asked to work on Saturday and said yes.  I didn't think we would be playing Saturday.  Maybe it is better for me to be working and listening to the game just like the last two days

You have to work every game day for the next 20 years...:coffee:

Good win for IU, punched your dance card for sure. Best game TJD has had against Kofi by far.

Illini just couldn't make shots, it happens. Too often recently. Credit to IU defense for sure, but a lot of those were pretty good looks.

Good luck in the dance, beat Iowa and maybe you can get out of that trip to Dayton, too.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Good win for IU, punched your dance card for sure. Best game TJD has had against Kofi by far.

Illini just couldn't make shots, it happens. Too often recently. Credit to IU defense for sure, but a lot of those were pretty good looks.

Good luck in the dance, beat Iowa and maybe you can get out of that trip to Dayton, too.

Good to see you're off the ledge, haha....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I was listening to the game on the radio. For the offensive foul call in the final minutes on Race, were the defender’s feet outside the arc? Fisch didn’t really elaborate, but I heard a lot of booing from the crowd. 

Yeah, they were outside the arc, but he was leaning pretty hard into Race. I was okay with the call overall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I know a couple people don't like it when we talk about officiating, but these stats in the last 3 games are absurd. 

- IU has been called for 21 more fouls then their opponents. 

- IU has taken 17 less free throws attempts. 

- TJD didn't take a free throw until there were 26 seconds left today. 

All three of these were super close games where IU wasn't really fouling on purpose at the end. If anything, we were getting fouled purposely at the end of these games, meaning the gap is really even wider. 

Just absurd. 

I agree the margin is too wide…but that said you would be an idiot to foul us. We just don’t make shots enough to warrant fouling. No reason to close out hard etc. Didn’t help they are all on road too. I’m not sure on Michigans defense but Purdue defense was awful and we got to the rim almost uncontested. They are going to get exposed in NCAA if they get a team with great guards. We need to continue to pressure on defenses by getting to the rim….we’ve settled too much in the past and thus not drawing a lot of fouls. I do agree with you though…those numbers are pretty alarming….clearly we aren’t getting the benefit of the whistles.

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I was listening to the game on the radio. For the offensive foul call in the final minutes on Race, were the defender’s feet outside the arc? Fisch didn’t really elaborate, but I heard a lot of booing from the crowd. 

The definition of a charge and an incredibly stupid play by Race. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I didn't see anything to argue about on that call. It was an incredibly selfish play by Race. It was basically a 3-on-1 break and Race had TJD wide open and for some reason just barreled in instead of passing. 

I thought it was pretty easily the right call. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I could see them trying to fill seats in Dayton by putting us in that game…don’t think we deserve that at all though. Shouldn’t be worse than a 12 seed and my IU colored glasses given our injuries says no worse than 9.

I'd rather be a 10 or 11... then a 9. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I know a couple people don't like it when we talk about officiating, but these stats in the last 3 games are absurd. 

- IU has been called for 21 more fouls then their opponents. 

- IU has taken 17 less free throws attempts. 

- TJD didn't take a free throw until there were 26 seconds left today. 

All three of these were super close games where IU wasn't really fouling on purpose at the end. If anything, we were getting fouled purposely at the end of these games, meaning the gap is really even wider. 

Just absurd. 

i really am legitimately asking - what is your theory on that?  all officials don't like IU?

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What was this in reference to?

Joint/cigar..  you're putting it "out". Its "cashed"..  its "over". 

It was RIGHT after TJD got his last Dreb. Simply kids having fun and not being rude to the other team at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Race trucked him. That was the easiest call I've seen in a long time - I couldn't figure out why people boo'ed. Honestly may have boo'ed how stupid it was of Race. 

• Like 7