INDIANA BEATS ILLINOIS POSTGAME THREAD

KDB

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i really am legitimately asking - what is your theory on that?  all officials don't like IU?

Nope. I've been pretty consistent that I just think Big 10 officials are just awful at officiating. They're just really bad. 

You tell me? IU isn't a team that shoots a lot of 3's. IU is a team that plays inside out. IU is a team that attacks the basket. We don’t take a lot of midrange shots. 

We're the best defense in the conference, so while probably physical, the best defense is typically pretty disciplined. 

Wisconsin plays extremely physical and I don't see these discrepancies in their games? 

Each of our last two games the opponent has had 10+ free throws attempts in the first half. In the Purdue game, Purdue wasn't called for a second half defensive foul until less then 3 minutes left in the game. 

I certainly don't think refs are coming into the games targeting IU, so I guess they're just horrible at their jobs?

Either way, officiating plays a real and big  part in the outcomes in these games, so will always be a discussion point. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Race trucked him. That was the easiest call I've seen in a long time - I couldn't figure out why people boo'ed. Honestly may have boo'ed how stupid it was of Race. 

Yeah, I thought that play and the next with TG’s steal and fumble out of bounds would be our death.  We should have easily extended the lead from 1 to 5. 

• Like 5

So @Billingsley99; @Lostin76 ; @BGleas ; @5fouls ; @Proud2BAHoosier ; @BobSaccamannoand anyone who I have forgotten 

Tip for next year so you don’t have to finagle watching IU games while working….

Most importantly. Schedule a knee replacement surgery whether you need it or not, about 3-4 weeks before the tournament starts… enough time so you aren’t still on pain meds and thus can’t stay awake for the games 

Then…

a) Do your physical therapy before the games start so you can justify to all, especially your spouses, that you are putting the work in. So that…

b) you can sit your asses in a recliner and ice your knee for as long as the games last, because the surgeon highly recommended icing. And so that…

c) You can enjoy a bourbon, or whatever your drink of choice might be. Because it “helps with the pain, and helps me relax.”

You’re welcome in advance. 

Whoever said that baby boomers weren’t givers?😛😛😛

Forgot to mention… your clients/customers/co-workers will have so much empathy for you and your recovery that they will encourage you to “take care of yourself “ over taking care of them. Milk it for what it’s worth!

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He played the IU fight song after the game and was happy about the win today.

Yeah I don't understand that comment about Dakich. He's been rightfully critical of the program, and positive about the program when it's deserving.

And he was on board with the Woodson hire all along, unlike some people here ragging on him.

• Like 1

Somehow managed to tape the game, avoid all spoilers, and just finished watching the taped game now. Wow!! Living in the past here but holy schnikeys, I can't believe we pulled that off! Had a crowd of Jersey peeps yelling and rooting for our Hoosiers like it was real time action. Gotta love March Madness!! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ephul said:

Yeah I don't understand that comment about Dakich. He's been rightfully critical of the program, and positive about the program when it's deserving.

And he was on board with the Woodson hire all along, unlike some people here ragging on him.

don't know...I listened to Dakich about 2 weeks ago after one of the 5 losses in a row, and he blistered the staff and the players...said it was the worst coaching he'd ever seen while watching IU basketball...

Now, I know Dakich wants listeners, and part of that is inciting his audience, but I'm pretty sure Coach Woodson isn't going to stand for some yokel saying stuff like that...

Just one of many comments about ol’ Dan that I could copy and paste 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Thanks 1

I was MIA but had long work days the past two days.  Weekday day games are tough.  But, I recorded it and just caught up.  

Tremendous win.  The fact that we won late is just outstanding.

I loved the game plan.  We talked about it pre-game.  Pull TJD away and make Kofi guard him in space, where he struggled.  The light bulb totally flipped on for him the past two days on how to score against length.  Standing in the post and trying to score over them?   No.  Go at them using space.  Also, in the post, he still got some buckets with quickness.  Great progress.   

On defense, I was far more worried about Frazier, Plummer and company drilling threes as opposed to Kofi getting his brute force buckets.  I liked how we played that.  Tough perimeter defense although we did lose track of their stretch four way (Hawkins) too many times.  

I hope JG didn’t tear anything and will be ok.  

The “roadkill” thing will have a very long shelf life.  That’s a reference that’s not going to die.  

• Like 2