BTT semifinals vs Iowa pregame thread.

Parakeet Jones

2 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Keep playing with that must win chip. Big game!!! Let’s make sure we avoid Dayton. 

Honestly don't know the answer to this...is Dayton only for at-large bids?  If not, I can't imagine there's not four auto bids or bid stealers well below IU already.  We're talking about IU being a 10 or 11 seed...that's not even close to Dayton unless I just don't understand the rules here.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Honestly don't know the answer to this...is Dayton only for at-large bids?  If not, I can't imagine there's not four auto bids or bid stealers well below IU already.  We're talking about IU being a 10 or 11 seed...that's not even close to Dayton unless I just don't understand the rules here.

I meant the play in round 

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

That loss was to the same Illinois team that we just beat who plays a similar, physical defense and who also pounded the ball inside to Kofi, who they had no answer for...

I've never seen Trayce have as much confidence in a game against an All American caliber player like Cockburn...it's like he finally realized he was on that level too...

We compete on the defensive end the way we have these last 2 and pound it inside, and we've got a great chance here...

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's what I'm talking about.  Again, I don't know the rules specific to the play-in round but it seems odd to put a 10 or 11 seed there.

Typically the four play-in game games is two matchups of 16 seeds and then two matchups of 11 or 12 seeds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That loss was to the same Illinois team that we just beat who plays a similar, physical defense and who also pounded the ball inside to Kofi, who they had no answer for...

I've never seen Trayce have as much confidence in a game against an All American caliber player like Cockburn...it's like he finally realized he was on that level too...

We compete on the defensive end the way we have these last 2 and pound it inside, and we've got a great chance here...

Completely agree. If Iowa goes crazy from 3, or if we get in foul trouble or something, that could cause issues, but i don’t see another way Iowa can win this. We’re better up front, we’re better in the back court, we’re better on defense, but they have better shooters. 

I’m sure we’ll see some zone, so will be interesting to see how we attack that, too. 

Iowas offense right now is playing so well. Everyone has confidence and that is dangerous. Having 5 guys on the floor who can stretch the floor and shoot helps. They haven’t played a defense like ours, so that will play a factor, but we have to find some way to generate and MAKE some open shots to match them. I think we have to win ugly here. If Geronimo can’t play that makes guarding Murray harder because he’s quicker than Race. And for f**** sake don’t let bohannon shoot. Connor maccaffery hitting open shots has opened up their offense a lot. He used to be in there for defense and experience. Now he’s 14-22 on his last 22 threes. I think I have less confidence winning this one then I do against Msu or Purdue if we win. 

• Like 1

No matter what happens today, the team changed the narrative on the season this week.  We should be in NCAA's and now we really have some momentum to start selling recruits.

Edit to add:  And it doesn't take 4 years to show a pulse if you have a decent coach in charge of the program.  Archie just sucked.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2