BTT semifinals vs Iowa pregame thread.

Parakeet Jones

1 hour ago, rico said:

Is everybody sobered up?  I want all of you in game shape.

Quick perusing of the board. Off to do errands for the house, pickup beer/wings before workout and we'll be doing our part starting around 1245 EST. Was supposed to be at a tent part this afternoon for Pre St. Patrick's Day fun...but Mother Nature has other plans. This one day shot of cold air sucks!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CaptKirkHaston said:

The last couple days has been so fun. I had forgotten how enjoyable March can be. 

We have exorcised quite a few Demons. I would love to see Rob get his “awakening” like Trayce. He has been through so much. Rob always plays tough defense. I was thrilled to see Rob drive to the basket the last couple days. But…he can give so much more. He deserves it…the team deserves it…we all deserve it. 

My recollection is that Rob has really frustrated Bohannon.  Might have been last year but I seem to recall Rob getting on him and Bohannon couldn’t do much with Rob guarding him.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Honestly don't know the answer to this...is Dayton only for at-large bids?  If not, I can't imagine there's not four auto bids or bid stealers well below IU already.  We're talking about IU being a 10 or 11 seed...that's not even close to Dayton unless I just don't understand the rules here.

Dude.  What happened to our lucky pig?  We're doomed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

Completely agree. If Iowa goes crazy from 3, or if we get in foul trouble or something, that could cause issues, but i don’t see another way Iowa can win this. We’re better up front, we’re better in the back court, we’re better on defense, but they have better shooters. 

I’m sure we’ll see some zone, so will be interesting to see how we attack that, too. 

I think we're going to see a lot of zone, but what do I know.   😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

So, who guards Keegan Murray?  Race?  

He did last time, and did a good job...12 points...

Kris killed us though...that's why losing Geronimo might hurt...if the Murrays are in the game together, I think Jordan matches up with Kris better than Kopp...

• Like 2

Mike Woodson article:

The Hoosiers are likely in the tournament after its two stunning wins this week. But if Mike Woodson wants to truly show Indiana is on the path to national prominence, there would be no better way than to take home a title that has eluded every other coach to roam Indiana's sidelines. There's nothing standing in the Hoosiers' way but belief in themselves.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/mike-woodson-indiana-ncaa-tournament-big-ten-tournament-01fxxngftw3m?utm_source=FOX_Sports

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Mike Woodson article:

The Hoosiers are likely in the tournament after its two stunning wins this week. But if Mike Woodson wants to truly show Indiana is on the path to national prominence, there would be no better way than to take home a title that has eluded every other coach to roam Indiana's sidelines. There's nothing standing in the Hoosiers' way but belief in themselves.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/mike-woodson-indiana-ncaa-tournament-big-ten-tournament-01fxxngftw3m?utm_source=FOX_Sports

Great minds think alike.  I was just thinking (dreaming) about the same thing.

• Like 1