Iowa Post Game Thread

Drroogh

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If we are a 10-12 seed.  Someone is getting an unlucky draw.  They may not realize it but that’s a tough draw for someone.  

Agree all day. Hopefully we get the 11 opposite of 6 seed like LSU....and maybe a weak 3. Either way we have next week to get ready for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just want to give TJD more props.  ONE MORE YEAR, PLEASE!!!

He has to know he needs to develop his jumper or he’s not getting drafted in the 1st round if at all. Maybe we can get him some NIL money and convince him he’d benefit from another year but I doubt it. IU leads the nation in undrafted underclassmen 

• Confused 1

Great game. On that last shot, defense was there. I will have the opposing take a shot like that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

This team will make noise in the NCAAT. We have great point guard play and great back court play.

This team should not hang their heads. They played great and was beaten on a more outstanding offensive play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If Galloway could be a 35% 3 point shooter he's the 2nd best guy on the team.  Gotta get mad reps in this off season.  I think next year he will have many flawless games.  Missing 10 games stunted growth.  Eliminate the one or two bonehead plays and continue to create.

He improved from 18% last year to 26% this year.  I don't know how realistic another 8% jump would be, but i'm sure that is what he'll be working on.  He can do everything out on the court, but shoot right now.  If he can make other teams focus on him on the perimeter by becoming a respectable 3 point shooter,  his ability to drive the ball can be utilized that much more.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

To me these were the problems were:

1) Outbounds call that went wrong way

2)Foul on Race when he was pushed over on the sceen

3) The charge called on TJD with very little contact and the other player having a foot by or in the jail. 

Stinks, these were horrible calls and gave, took points.  

The problem is Iowa has shooters, IU does not..hence how the game was won

• Like 6

1 minute ago, EvilleHoosier said:

He improved from 18% last year to 26% this year.  I don't know how realistic another 8% jump would be, but i'm sure that is what he'll be working on.  He can do everything out on the court, but shoot right now.  If he can make other teams focus on him on the perimeter by becoming a respectable 3 point shooter,  his ability to drive the ball can be utilized that much more.  

Didn't he wear a wrist wrap last year?  So basically he didn't improve his shooting this last off season.  Woody, Fife, or someone in Woody's roledex will be working on that this off season.  Could he be our break out guy like other teams have been having?

I am pissed so going to just do one post for now because some good stuff happened this week.

Only thing I will say is that 1 of 2 things need to happen this summer (or both).  Our 1-3 guys HAVE to put up shots, lots of shots, from behind the arc so they are capable of hitting WIDE open 3's and/or we need to go find someone who can.  We win this comfortably if we hit half the wide open 3 looks we had in this game.

Not even going to name names.  I put it on every guard and small forward on the team.  It was the difference in the game.  It has been the difference in several games this year.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If this is the post game thread? 

Proud of our dudes. What a game. Just weren't quite sharp enough. Ready for next week!

Yep, great effort and thought we had it….We were the benefactors of 3 out of the 3 turnovers in the last seconds of all three games. The first two eventually helped win the games. The  third one wasn’t enough. We just couldn’t contain Murray and their 3pt shooting. We played lights out, but I will have to say three straight back to back, to back games may have taken just a little out of the boys. Looking forward to Selection Sunday. Go IU.

• Like 2