Iowa Post Game Thread

Drroogh

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think the refs cost us that game. They were not good today, but I didn’t feel like it favored one Iowa per se. 

I was at the game, and I can assure you we had to play through a hell of a lot more contact than Iowa did.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have no idea which Race drive you’re talking about, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they missed a foul on a Race drive. Nothing stands out in my memory though.

But on the TJD charge Murray was there as he caught it and TJD turned right into him as he shot it; pretty easy call in my opinion. TJD didn’t do anything wrong on it, KM just made a good play. 

1 hour ago, Cbp4IU said:

Imagine if Race Trayce and XJ stay… This could be a top 15 team. Upgrade Kopp, Stewart, Lander and Duncomb + maybe few others. Need a Pack like player. Race Trayce Pack XJ with a sharp shooter transfer…. This team would be a threat

Not sure you need to upgrade 

slight improved by everybody

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

A true off-season with this staff could be awesome.  XJ is one of the most improved players during season in a long, long time.

Regardless, TJD or a replacement if he goes is priority #1.  Being a rim blocker/defender is cruicial for this D with applying pressure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

Gotta be honest - in a lot of situations, I’m not sure there’s much value in winning the B1G tournament. We got ourselves into the important tournament, and it’s likely better than we didn’t go further, because it could push us up into an 8/9 seed. There’s also the chance of injury, getting nicked up with something that could be nagging with playing another game - Ivey just took a hard fall on his back. 

In other words, I’m actually good with this result. 

Ha, after a few beers I was trying to explain the “it’s okay we lost this, b/c it might have pushed us into the 8/9 seed if we had won” and my wife was like, “Can you just take the dog out, I have no idea what you are talking about.”

But, no reason to hang our heads with this one. We competed until the end and should have won, w/o that ridiculous bank at the end. Fran definitely should have been T’d up that one time, but I think the officials were worried about Francon levels. 

We still need shooters. Like now. Frustrating that I don’t feel confident if anyone other than XJ is shooting from three. Kopp and Stewart need to step it up like now. You were brought here to do one thing. Do that thing. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would expect the team shooting 32 threes to play through less contact, wouldn’t you?

I am looking for a replay, was listening to radio.  They were saying after replays, very light contact, maybe a foot in the restricted area, and it was a foul on Iowa or play on.  They are usually spot on with looking at replays and talking about the play.  I did watch on the tube, the foul on Race on the screen - one of the worst calls I have seen.  And, of course the ball going off of Iowas hands out of bounds and two refs wouldnt reverse the call.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, after a few beers I was trying to explain the “it’s okay we lost this, b/c it might have pushed us into the 8/9 seed if we had won” and my wife was like, “Can you just take the dog out, I have no idea what you are talking about.”

But, no reason to hang our heads with this one. We competed until the end and should have won, w/o that ridiculous bank at the end. Fran definitely should have been T’d up that one time, but I think the officials were worried about Francon levels. 

We still need shooters. Like now. Frustrating that I don’t feel confident if anyone other than XJ is shooting from three. Kopp and Stewart need to step it up like now. You were brought here to do one thing. Do that thing. 

Kopp caught fire towards the end.  Stewart needs his confidence back.  Maybe a restart with the tourney or as X said....back to the lab.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Ya but let’s say TJD XJ and Race stay… You lose players like Lander, Duncomb Stewart,,, I’m guessing 1-2 others will transfer. Imagine if you could bring in 1 more shooter and 1 more big that is athletic that could play the 4 or 5. 

18 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I am looking for a replay, was listening to radio.  They were saying after replays, very light contact, maybe a foot in the restricted area, and it was a foul on Iowa or play on.  They are usually spot on with looking at replays and talking about the play.  I did watch on the tube, the foul on Race on the screen - one of the worst calls I have seen.  And, of course the ball going off of Iowas hands out of bounds and two refs wouldnt reverse the call.  

Yeah, the ball was off of Iowa and the Race screen should've been an offensive foul. I don't think anyone is saying the refs got every call right...

But I don't think the refs were a major deciding factor in the game. I'm not shy on calling our refs when they're one-sided, I just don't really see it at all in this game. 

EDIT: Wait, you're arguing with me about a play you haven't even seen because of what the radio guys said? The story all week has been they've hardly shown replays of controversial calls in the building....

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

or as X said....back to the lab

Sorry to ask, but I've been in a pissin match on another site (THat I am sure to be banned shortly).

What is this "Lab" X speak of and where did he say this?

I am super pumped in this team, like 1987 pumped. Im not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I can't get enough right now!

HO HO HO HOOSIERS ! !

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would expect the team shooting 32 threes to play through less contact, wouldn’t you?

No, I expect a fair whistle all over the floor, regardless of where the shots are taken.  In other words, a foul on one end should be called a foul on the other end.  There is a lot of action in a basketball game that happens in addition to shots.

• Like 2

Just now, IUJoe said:

No, I expect a fair whistle all over the floor, regardless of where the shots are taken.  In other words, a foul on one end should be called a foul on the other end.  There is a lot of action in a basketball game that happens in addition to shots.

I expect a fair whistle, too. And I also stand by the fact that a team that is going inside is going to have more contact than a team that isn't doing that. It doesn't mean the whistle isn't fair, it means the two teams are trying to do different things. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I expect a fair whistle, too. And I also stand by the fact that a team that is going inside is going to have more contact than a team that isn't doing that. It doesn't mean the whistle isn't fair, it means the two teams are trying to do different things. 

I was there.  The whistle wasn't fair, whether you're talking about inside, on the perimeter, or away from the ball.

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He was called for two charges. Why don’t you think he would have gotten one there?

Because he was underneath to start. Where does TJD go? I know you like to be right but I disagree on this call. And it was big. Just to see your competency did you think Xavier got pushed out of bounds or was that a play on?  And if you say you don’t remember then?

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, the ball was off of Iowa and the Race screen should've been an offensive foul. I don't think anyone is saying the refs got every call right...

But I don't think the refs were a major deciding factor in the game. I'm not shy on calling our refs when they're one-sided, I just don't really see it at all in this game. 

EDIT: Wait, you're arguing with me about a play you haven't even seen because of what the radio guys said? The story all week has been they've hardly shown replays of controversial calls in the building....

They were showing it in indy. You can hear Grant Hill talk about it and the crowd after the fact.  And, yes, thr last three minutes I had to listen to it on the radio - I listen to professionals communicating; and, our guys are as objective as they come.  ES and Don Fischer are the best at  communicating controversial calls.  Let me also say, I was kind of watching a grainy video while picking up my kid, of course parked :)

Edited by Fiveoutofsix

10 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Sorry to ask, but I've been in a pissin match on another site (THat I am sure to be banned shortly).

What is this "Lab" X speak of and where did he say this?

I am super pumped in this team, like 1987 pumped. Im not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I can't get enough right now!

HO HO HO HOOSIERS ! !

"Lab" ... where he works on his craft. 

A scientist goes back to lab, back to the drawing board when things don't work, they rely on what got them there... "time in the lab"

He's going to continue to work is what he is saying. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

They were showing it in indy. You can hear Grant Hill talk about it and the crowd after the fact.  And, yes, thr last three minutes I had to listen to it on the radio - I listen to professionals communicating and our guys are as objective as they come.  ES and Don Fischer are as good as they come communicating controversial calls.  Let me also say, I was kind of watching a grainy video while picking up my kid, of course parked :)

And you are right. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Because he was underneath to start. Where does TJD go? I know you like to be right but I disagree on this call. And it was big. Just to see your competency did you think Xavier got pushed out of bounds or was that a play on?  And if you say you don’t remember then?

I thought it was clearly a flop aided charge. Wasn't a ton of contact, but other then that... seems cut and dry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got home from work so I haven't read any of this thread or the game thread.  Listening to the game it hard to know what really happened so I can't really complain or say what we did well.  I just have to say while I am upset we lost I am not in any upset with the way we played.  It sounded like we competed our a$$ off for the third day in a row and I am proud of these players 

Also was the charging on Trace late as bad as Fischer made it sound.  If you told me before the game that Murray would score 31 and Iowa hit 14 3's I would say the game would be a blowout.  I didn't think we could score enough to compete with them if the score got to 80.

After a few lbs of wings and beer since 4 or so I've come to this conclusion. Somewhere some fan base on the 6 line is saying please don't give us IU on the 11.....and one more step a 3 team doesn't want to see us as their potential second either.

Meaningful games in March while developing players. Team has turned the corner and there's a hunger about them right now. Amazing what confident point guard play does for the whole operation. Thank you Xavier...we haven't watched this type of play since Yogi. 

• Like 7