Iowa Post Game Thread

Drroogh

42 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Because he was underneath to start. Where does TJD go? I know you like to be right but I disagree on this call. And it was big. Just to see your competency did you think Xavier got pushed out of bounds or was that a play on?  And if you say you don’t remember then?

What play with Xavier are you talking about? I am pretty sure I will remember if you give a little more description than that…

TJD didn’t have anywhere to go, he got led into him. It’s still an offensive foul. Think about it the other way; how can Iowa defend it if them rotating over and cutting it off still allows TJD to play through them?

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got home from work so I haven't read any of this thread or the game thread.  Listening to the game it hard to know what really happened so I can't really complain or say what we did well.  I just have to say while I am upset we lost I am not in any upset with the way we played.  It sounded like we competed our a$$ off for the third day in a row and I am proud of these players 

Also was the charging on Trace late as bad as Fischer made it sound.  If you told me before the game that Murray would score 31 and Iowa hit 14 3's I would say the game would be a blowout.  I didn't think we could score enough to compete with them if the score got to 80.

It wasn’t a bad call at all. 

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What play with Xavier are you talking about? I am pretty sure I will remember if you give a little more description than that…

TJD didn’t have anywhere to go, he got led into him. It’s still an offensive foul. Think about it the other way; how can Iowa defend it if them rotating over and cutting it off still allows TJD to play through them?

On TJD call. Think about it out farther on court. Would that have been call at half court? No. But moving on. 

when they pressed at end and pushed X out of bounds and we gave up a three. Again does not matter now but I’m always surprised at how certain some are about their opinions on this board and they call others out without even considering the alternative. 

go Hoosiers

4 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

On TJD call. Think about it out farther on court. Would that have been call at half court? No. But moving on. 

when they pressed at end and pushed X out of bounds and we gave up a three. Again does not matter now but I’m always surprised at how certain some are about their opinions on this board and they call others out without even considering the alternative. 

go Hoosiers

Yes I think if there was a collision at mid court they’d call a block or charge, depending on if the defender was there.

I thought X got fouled on that play pretty clearly. And I thought we got a makeup call right after it. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

"Lab" ... where he works on his craft. 

A scientist goes back to lab, back to the drawing board when things don't work, they rely on what got them there... "time in the lab"

He's going to continue to work is what he is saying. 

As usual, I make things too difficult. "Lab" make perfect sense in what I expected, but what I "wanted" was some IU superhero whoopass shooter lab...

Hey, at 53... we still have dreams. BIG dreams.

:) sorry to waste your time, but DEFINITELY appreciate it! 

BTW, I'm successfully kicked off the other sight, but you probably already know that. I was a dick and deserved it.

• Like 1

Finally was able to watch the game. The only thing I can add to the conversation is that I'm proud to have been able to watch this team's journey and can't wait for the NCAA tournament. Our last three losses have been by one possession and 2 of them were by buzzer beaters. I feel like the experience gained this season is going to be invaluable come next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Finally was able to watch the game. The only thing I can add to the conversation is that I'm proud to have been able to watch this team's journey and can't wait for the NCAA tournament. Our last three losses have been by one possession and 2 of them were by buzzer beaters. I feel like the experience gained this season is going to be invaluable come next year. 

We have something to cheer about again.  Finally.  One of the guys at worked asked if I bet my house on the game today.  I was into it.  

The season isn't over.  Parker Stewart is going to get going.  He really deserves it too.  He's a young man that wants to make his father proud.  His confidence has been shaken but head back, rest, and get up some shots.  He's really the only one without confidence right now.  Just think if he got going for 3 or 4 threes a game.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

As usual, I make things too difficult. "Lab" make perfect sense in what I expected, but what I "wanted" was some IU superhero whoopass shooter lab...

Hey, at 53... we still have dreams. BIG dreams.

:) sorry to waste your time, but DEFINITELY appreciate it! 

BTW, I'm successfully kicked off the other sight, but you probably already know that. I was a dick and deserved it.

Haha a close IU loss can do that. Just fairly confident we are currently headed in a really good direction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Haha a close IU loss can do that. Just fairly confident we are currently headed in a really good direction. 

Ha, Direction wise .. you are damn sure right there! I went into this game already satisfied. Now, Knowing that we were >< that close... I'm only more happy. Once our name is mentioned tomorrow, err'thing else is gravy for this year (as me as a fan goes). I wasn't before and am not now stressed about this game. That was a good old fashion hard fought game. Nearly brought a tear, backs against the wall, never stop, never surrender.. good freakin game!

I jumped on your original post hoping you had some inside on a mythical magic wand. I was in the moment, it was stupid. I'm back down on earth now. I didn't mean to waste your time bro. Go hoosiers!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

You've always been a man of culture and a gentleman. I find it hard to believe you would have been kicked off a site. 

I see what you did there! I totally deserve it too.

I'm going to do better, I promise. EXCEPT on that other site, once I get my new credentials... I'm head hunting. :)     But no one here should put up with my stupidity. Y'all really good people ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Knowing nothing about basketball from a coaching perspective, i though we helped off to much and left guys like Murry and Bohannon wide open way to many time.  I don't think we needed to double as much as we did against Iowa.  We should have just manned up and only switched when absolutely necessary. 

Also, if we drop a couple more WIDE open 3s from Kopp and Pstew, we break Iowa's back early in the second half.

Yeah, I’m surprised our lack of perimeter defense hasn’t been talked about more. Absolutely no reason to be sagging into the paint against Iowa. We gave up so many open looks to Murray and Bohannon (two of the best shooters in the league). Happened over and over, including 3 big ones in the last few minutes. Just can’t understand it. My only thought is that we’re so used to playing a certain type of D, that it makes it tough to adjust your style. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I see what you did there! I totally deserve it too.

I'm going to do better, I promise. EXCEPT on that other site, once I get my new credentials... I'm head hunting. :)     But no one here should put up with my stupidity. Y'all really good people ! 

Nah, I'm not extremely active but you've always been polite to me and your analysis has been insightful. Whatever you did in the past you must have learned from and made positive changes. Most people can't do that and for that you should be proud.

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Nah, I'm not extremely active but you've always been polite to me and your analysis has been insightful. Whatever you did in the past you must have learned from and made positive changes. Most people can't do that and for that you should be proud.

Whoa, Thank you. I am setting at a self reflection point and don't feel I deserve that. I'm a dick and I know it. I can do better. I came here from the rivals site, and its cut throat or die over there. Found this place and it's refreshing, yet taking me a while to adjust (work in progress!!).

I appreciate your kinds words, although undeserving. You all deserve better and I will do that from now on. But I will ask, if I need slapped upside the head for being stupid, just let me know. I have some pretty old school views, but not without the ability to adapt and change. 

use Bromocode SLAP on your post... I'll remember I said this then !!! 😁

• Like 1

Just got done watching. Crushing loss, but what a fun three days. Just fun to actually enjoy and maybe more importantly believe in IU basketball again!

Probably should have won that one. You just can't miss that many wide open shots and win that game. So many missed wide open shots. 

Tough on Bohannon's last two 3's as well. Obviously the bank in to win it was crushing, but the one before it was just a miscommunication between XJ and Kopp. There was a screen and both guys followed the same player, leaving Bohannon. 

Hopefully the extra day of rest helps and we can go on a little tourney run. Not ready for this to end!

• Like 5

I missed the game. I was almost arrested. 

I went to the White River to do a little fishing. I saw some guys dressed in full Nazi gear. They even had some old car with a Nazi flag on it. They were harassing this nice family and I got pissed and tried to punch one of them. 

They called the police. It turns out they were practicing a White River Park presentation of The Sound Of Music.

I got off with a warning, fortunately. 

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Confused 1