Iowa Post Game Thread

Drroogh

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I understand that, but we still didn’t cover them and left them wide open.

There we’re absolutely questionable and even bad calls both ways, but we left their studs wide open in crunch time and they made shots. It’s a bummer and we had a phenomenal run in Indy, but that was far and away the most fair whistle we’ve gotten since at least the Purdue game. 

Yes, those were two crucial plays.  I took what you wrote as if the kids were instructed to camp it in.  They missed coverages- huge.  Learn and move on.  Get PS his confidence back, little reset and ride this in March.

The way this team plays and are in it to the end is amazing.  Making 3-5 3's in this day in age and be in it.  The foundation is set.   Super excited for the future and the present.  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but he played it off...Said something to the effect that he knew they (the IU coaching staff talking to the refs)  weren't advocating for Iowa...

He's not restricted to the coach's box during a timeout...We don't have any idea what was said...did it rise to "unsportsmanlike conduct?"  Without knowing what was said, that's impossible to know...

He was coaching for his team...good for him...Coach Woodson surely coaches for ours, and I'm glad of it...

That a BS reason.  Seriously, that hot head doing that and walking over to the wrong huddle is going to start a fight.  He had no reason to be over in the area of the Indiana huddle "advocating" for anything.  He needs to keep his crazy a$$ on his side of the court.

Edited by IUCrazy2

Fran crossing half court should have been T’d up. He had no business on the IU side of the floor regardless of his assumption. 

He went out on the floor near mid court when his kid was involved in something vs Wisconsin. That stuff needs reigned in. The game is already hugely mental for the players and the stuff the adults in the room have been getting away with is getting out of control.

• Like 2

I don't know what Mike Woodson did to get into the guys headspace to make them pull out the players we all thought they could be at the beginning of the year but kuddos to him! Kuddos to the guys for a hard fought game! It was a bs shot and took hero ball to get the job done. While disappointing I am very happy with the overall outcome. Taking a CBI team revamping the roster adding many new players and a new system and getting an NCAA birth out of it man how can you not be anything be ecstatic about that. Time to go wreck havoc in the tourney. 

• Like 3

I mean, I’m not even being sarcastic at this point - is it really worth it to win the BTT, or is it best to just get to Saturday? We get another day of rest/prep, our seeding difference would be pretty minimal, and I’m one of those old school hardheads that believes the regular season champion is the true champion.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I mean, I’m not even being sarcastic at this point - is it really worth it to win the BTT, or is it best to just get to Saturday? We get another day of rest/prep, our seeding difference would be pretty minimal, and I’m one of those old school hardheads that believes the regular season champion is the true champion.

The General would whole-heartedly agree with you....

3 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

I can see being a top 4 seed and going and winning it but playing 4 brutal games in a row hasn't faired well for many teams outside of UConn going on that magical run.  

3 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

I'd have rather won it, we wouldn’t be First Four. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2022 at 4:48 PM, AxnJxn said:

The worst scenario is to play in the title game and lose.