Iowa Post Game Thread

Drroogh

3 major take-aways for me

• They outscored us by 27 from the 3-point line.  We have to address shooters this offseason
  • We win the game if Geronimo would have been able to play
  • Fran should have got a T when he got in our huddle.  Now, a Bohannon 3 would have still won it even if we hit both T-shots.  But, the game may have played out entirely differently.  
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

3 major take-aways for me

• They outscored us by 27 from the 3-point line.  We have to address shooters this offseason
  • We win the game if Geronimo would have been able to play
  • Fran should have got a T when he got in our huddle.  Now, a Bohannon 3 would have still won it even if we hit both T-shots.  But, the game may have played out entirely differently.  

Geronimo would've been perfect on the one Murray kid. Race was a just too slow closing. Geronimo would've caused fits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

are you talking about the charge on Trayce? Why do we think that was a bad call? 

I thought the shot went up before contact  was made and it was soft contact where the defender flopped. Either a no call or at or least  the bucket was good in my eyes.  

12 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Imagine if Race Trayce and XJ stay… This could be a top 15 team. Upgrade Kopp, Stewart, Lander and Duncomb + maybe few others. Need a Pack like player. Race Trayce Pack XJ with a sharp shooter transfer…. This team would be a threat

From what i read here, XJ will be in NBA draft

Gotta be honest - in a lot of situations, I’m not sure there’s much value in winning the B1G tournament. We got ourselves into the important tournament, and it’s likely better than we didn’t go further, because it could push us up into an 8/9 seed. There’s also the chance of injury, getting nicked up with something that could be nagging with playing another game - Ivey just took a hard fall on his back. 

In other words, I’m actually good with this result. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I thought the shot went up before contact  was made and it was soft contact where the defender flopped. Either a no call or at or least  the bucket was good in my eyes.  

I don’t think he had released it, but it was close.

Even if he had released it, still a pretty easy call. Defender was there and there was clear contact. In college that’s a charge and the bucket doesn’t count. 

Edited by KoB2011

I think day three of playing their a55 off may have been a reason they looked a step slower on perimeter defense. 

To comment on the XJ draft talk: If we were to win 3 games in the tourney with him playing like he has the last 6 games he could slip into the second round. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

A couple RELIABLE three point shooters is all this team is missing currently from being a legit contender THIS year.

We've got the defense, we've got the point guard play, and we've got the low post play.  If Kopp and Stewart heat up in the tournament, watch out.

If that happens.  

32 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think he had released it, but it was close.

Even if he had released it, still a pretty easy call. Defender was there and there was clear contact. In college that’s a charge and the bucket doesn’t count. 

He was underneath him as he went up. Where is he supposed to go. That is not typically a foul if already underneath. And look at Race drive earlier with a lot more contact. Please explain. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

He was underneath him as he went up. Where is he supposed to go. That is not typically a foul if already underneath. And look at Race drive earlier with a lot more contact. Please explain. 

I have no idea which Race drive you’re talking about, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they missed a foul on a Race drive. Nothing stands out in my memory though.

But on the TJD charge Murray was there as he caught it and TJD turned right into him as he shot it; pretty easy call in my opinion. TJD didn’t do anything wrong on it, KM just made a good play. 

• Like 1