First Four - Wyoming Pre Game Thread

02Hoosier

Lets get all the stats up. Careful research on the opponents. You can bet the coaching staff looks at all of this and at times look at what careful followers of the game look at and plan accordingly. 

This team is capable of an Elite 8 bid. 

I will take a team that has strong defense, strong point guard play, and strong inside game play always. We have these pieces!

So fired up. Lets get three wins and go to the following weekend!

• Like 4

As much as we shouldn't be playing Tuesday, we outclass Wyoming and St Mary's. Put them in the BIG and they won't make the NIT. I'm not sure I'm too scared of UCLA either. They're not a bad team, but if MSU closes them out in last year's play-in game, and MSU had them beat, then the level of respect they have been getting all year never materializes and they aren't seeded where they are now.

If I get too optimistic, I'm sure Wyoming will hit 17 3's and we will air-ball free throws, but I'm pretty optimistic.

Edited by HoosierDom
I seem to have hidden the post?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

How does the committee weigh NET?  I thought it was a lot when we used to lose games by a lot under Archie so they dinged us extra for that?  Now we lose a lot by close amounts and they discarded it.  

Dolson needs to do the back slapping to get himself on these committees.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Felt like we got screwed.

Me too.  However, we handle business like we should and we could be in the second weekend.  Wyoming and St. Mary's are not world beaters and I think the Pac 10 is soft as hell.  So let's go make some noise.

Dayton should be red this week.

• Like 4