First Four - Wyoming Pre Game Thread

02Hoosier

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How does the committee weigh NET?  I thought it was a lot when we used to lose games by a lot under Archie so they dinged us extra for that?  Now we lose a lot by close amounts and they discarded it.  

Dolson needs to do the back slapping to get himself on these committees.  

A little conspiracy theorizing, I don't know if there are any B10 people in the committee, but I think a guy like Barta did us no favors when having these national discussions in football.  I don't believe this conference really has our back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

A little conspiracy theorizing, I don't know if there are any B10 people in the committee, but I think a guy like Barta did us no favors when having these national discussions in football.  I don't believe this conference really has our back.

Chris Reynolds is the vice chair of the committee this year and the chair next year. 

• Thanks 1

Play pissed, stay focused for 40 like we just did for three games.  See a couple more shots go down for Parker and we will blow out these next 2.

UCLA has some talent but lacks discipline.  XJ can win the point guard battle and will take it very personal because he was a highly rated recruit.  Pretty sure we are going to the sweet 16 and I'm not afraid of Baylor as a one seed either.  Im actually pretty happy.  Let's make this personal.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Where is @IUFLA at with the breakdown?

My wife's birthday (sneaking in a post before we go out) and I really only watch Big 10 basketball...so I'm afraid anything I offer might be as off as this Wyoming poster on their site...

Screenshot_20220313-191932.thumb.png.cf9c108f3db974150a4ebc2004f25df7.png

I think he means Race Thompson rather than "Johnson." Maybe he looked at XJ's name and Race's numbers...

And it's painfully apparent from the last sentence he hasn't seen us play 😮

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My wife's birthday (sneaking in a post before we go out) and I really only watch Big 10 basketball...so I'm afraid anything I offer might be as off as this Wyoming poster on their site...

I think he means Race Thompson rather than "Johnson." Maybe he looked at XJ's name and Race's numbers...

Happy Birthday Mrs. IUFLA!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bet Coach Shep didn't know X shot 55% from the field.  :coffee:

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My son has a birthday this week.  My wife has never understood the priority of basketball first.  He's turning 18 this week, so I'm hoping he feels comfortable telling mom that basketball is more important than having Uncle Cletus and Aunt Millie over for cake and ice cream.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son has a birthday this week.  My wife has never understood the priority of basketball first.  He's turning 18 this week, so I'm hoping he feels comfortable telling mom that basketball is more important than having Uncle Cletus and Aunt Millie over for cake and ice cream.  

Had IU won yesterday, I would have been in a real conundrum...

So yesterday morning I bought her a new horse, betting the come that that would allow me to watch anything I wanted...

Boy, did I come out on the short end of that one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

AA892397-D625-4B40-8E7C-97C0AE6DCAB1.jpeg

• Haha 5

Just now, IUFLA said:

Had IU won yesterday, I would have been in a real conundrum...

So yesterday morning I bought her a new horse, betting the come that that would allow me to watch anything I wanted...

Boy, did I come out on the short end of that one...

Yeah.  The son's birthday has been bad enough.  Can't imagine if it was the wife.  

Looks like their best player is 6'9 and 250, Graham Ike.  He averages 19.6 and 9.6.

They play 3 big guys.  The other starter is Jeremiah Oden and he is 6'8 and Hunter Thompson who is 6'10.  Thompson only averages about 2.6 and 1.5.  Oden is only 200 pounds.  So, it doesn't look like they have a lot of size up front, but Ike looks really good.  They do have length at guard.  Hunter Maldonado averages 17, 9, and 5 and is 6'7.  The other regular guards in the rotation are 6'5, 6'4, and 6'7.  So, the size of their guards could cause us some trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, it's 7:40, she's still getting ready, the restaurant she picked is 30 minutes away, and our reservation is for 8...

University of West Florida math at its finest!

Seems about right… hope you have your shoes on it will be your fault you’re late when she’s finally ready. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, it's 7:40, she's still getting ready, the restaurant she picked is 30 minutes away, and our reservation is for 8...

University of West Florida math at its finest!

I am so glad I am not the only one that has to deal with that type of math.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Looks like their best player is 6'9 and 250, Graham Ike.  He averages 19.6 and 9.6.

They play 3 big guys.  The other starter is Jeremiah Oden and he is 6'8 and Hunter Thompson who is 6'10.  Thompson only averages about 2.6 and 1.5.  Oden is only 200 pounds.  So, it doesn't look like they have a lot of size up front, but Ike looks really good.  They do have length at guard.  Hunter Maldonado averages 17, 9, and 5 and is 6'7.  The other regular guards in the rotation are 6'5, 6'4, and 6'7.  So, the size of their guards could cause us some trouble.

That's a big team.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Happy Birthday to your mini me! 18 is a big one. You pick up his new ride yet? IUFLA bought a horse so you gotta top that. Although showing up to basketball practice on a horse would be epic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4