First Four - Wyoming Pre Game Thread

02Hoosier

46 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

We CAN win this game, guys. We just have to rise to the challenge and play great basketball.

i expect to win this one, but expect a close one.  i cannot believe i picked us to win this one and the 1st two rounds.  i am never ever this optimistic.  getting old and drinking a lot.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lizard said:

I hope our team doesn't feel like this game is already won.  Remember, they said just last week they "underestimated" Michigan in the game UM ran us out of our own gym.  We have not accomplished anything yet.  This team should underestimate no one, in order to beat anyone.  Our staff needs to have them mentally ready.  That said, I expect that we will come ready to fight-- and win.

Coach Woodson needs to channel his inner Lou Holtz.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i expect to win this one, but expect a close one.  i cannot believe i picked us to win this one and the 1st two rounds.  i am never ever this optimistic.  getting old and drinking a lot.  

This is the first time I can remember (I'm 35) where the team is playing its best heading into the tournament.

The only other team I felt good about going into the tournament was Cody Zeller's first year.  I think if we hadn't met UK in the Sweet 16, we'd have gone all the way that year.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Love seeing Kopp, Parker and Rob hitting those 3s.

It's a lot easier to do with no one running at you and threatening to hit you in your berries....

Knight always said putting up shots without pressure is useless.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Geronimo threw down a dunk at the end that looked pretty effortless. So good sign. Awesome experience for sure. Pumped for tomorrow!! 

27 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

JG looked injury free to me as well, but they were not really pushing.

Thanks to both of you for showing true Hoosier spirit and supporting our kids. 

Let's win big tomorrow!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Apologies but maybe this is a joke tweet but Wyoming tied the record for most 3 pointers made in a D1 game this year with 28. Additionally, Wyoming took the 71st most 3 pointers in D1. They jack up 3s at a high rate and you don't want them getting hot. 71st in 3 pointers attempted would put them 2nd in the big ten behind Iowa by quite a bit.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Apologies but maybe this is a joke tweet but Wyoming tied the record for most 3 pointers made in a D1 game this with 28. Additionally, Wyoming took the 71st most 3 pointers in D1. They jack up 3s at a high rate and you don't want them getting hot. 71st in 3 pointers attempted would put them 2nd in the big ten behind Iowa by quite a bit.

Against Hastings college. But still that’s scary.  I don’t think we could do that against a high school team…28-54 against anybody is good. One guy hit 11..I think we let race and tjd play straight up and see how it goes at first.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Apologies but maybe this is a joke tweet but Wyoming tied the record for most 3 pointers made in a D1 game this with 28. Additionally, Wyoming took the 71st most 3 pointers in D1. They jack up 3s at a high rate and you don't want them getting hot.

The 28 makes were against Hastings College which is an NAIA school...

They do take a lot of 3s...

• Like 2