First Four - Wyoming Pre Game Thread

02Hoosier

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, it's 7:40, she's still getting ready, the restaurant she picked is 30 minutes away, and our reservation is for 8...

University of West Florida math at its finest!

Happy Birthday to the Mrs. IUFLA. Have a great night and then we will expect a lengthy in depth report first thing tomorrow morning ha!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son has a birthday this week.  My wife has never understood the priority of basketball first.  He's turning 18 this week, so I'm hoping he feels comfortable telling mom that basketball is more important than having Uncle Cletus and Aunt Millie over for cake and ice cream.  

Happy 18th to "Little 5Fouls!"

Like @Inequalitymentioned already, let's see some pics of that new sports car you bought him (or horse)! 😀

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ArizonaHoosier said:

Who gives a flying rats a$$ about seeding? Play like we are capable of playing and silence the critics!

Be proud gentlemen but also be humble.

The worst part about playing in this game is if you win we have to fly all the way to Portland and play Thursday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The worst part about playing in this game is if you win we have to fly all the way to Portland and play Thursday

So, you prefer us to lose?  

The worst thing about playing in this game is we LOSE and we don't make the Round of 64, which is when people actually start paying attention.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, you prefer us to lose?  

The worst thing about playing in this game is we LOSE and we don't make the Round of 64, which is when people actually start paying attention.  

Didn't say that but saying it would be better not having to play in this game because of that

39 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Happy Birthday to the Mrs. IUFLA. Have a great night and then we will expect a lengthy in depth report first thing tomorrow morning ha!

Just remember @IUFLA if you get lucky tonight, that is no excuse.  We expect a complete write up tomorrow morning by 8 a.m. EST. That would be 11 a.m. my time. 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ArizonaHoosier said:

Just remember @IUFLA if you get lucky tonight, that is no excuse.  We expect a complete write up tomorrow morning by 8 a.m. EST. That would be 11 a.m. my time. 😁

You living in Greenland?  Yacht in the middle of the Atlantic?  Aren't many places on land three hours ahead of EST.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I get that. Once again, play like we are capable of playing and silence the critics (which includes the stupidity of the selection committee). Maybe the more times they look STUPID, things will change. But, I am not holding my breath on that one.

Imagine the headlines if a play in game contestant made the Elite 8 or GASP the final 4.

Here's the highlights from the Wyoming Vs. Boise State (Eventual Winner) Mountain West Semi-finals. 

I watched this game a couple days ago. Wyoming allowed the Boise State bigs to pass out to their shooters. I feel like Kopp, Parker, XJ, Bates and Phinesee should have ample opportunity to hit threes if Wyoming packs it in against Davis and Thompson. Just my 2 cents. Also, if there was a game where Durr could play a big part this could it. He has the body and strength to dominate their big men in the post.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Here's the highlights from the Wyoming Vs. Boise State (Eventual Winner) Mountain West Semi-finals. 

I watched this game a couple days ago. Wyoming allowed the Boise State bigs to pass out to their shooters. I feel like Kopp, Parker, XJ, Bates and Phinesee should have ample opportunity to hit threes if Wyoming packs it in against Davis and Thompson. Just my 2 cents. Also, if there was a game where Durr could play a big part this could it. He has the body and strength to dominate their big men in the post.

Hoping Geronimo will get to play.

Hey! How about a Wild West with Geronimo against the Cowboys????  🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ArizonaHoosier said:

I get that. Once again, play like we are capable of playing and silence the critics (which includes the stupidity of the selection committee). Maybe the more times they look STUPID, things will change. But, I am not holding my breath on that one.

Imagine the headlines if a play in game contestant made the Elite 8 or GASP the final 4.

UCLA did it last year.

• Like 1

Just watched the first half highlights…looks like their big guy isn’t overly athletic, more of a Durr, banger type. Lefty, but there was one play where he got a nice pass and was 3 feet from the basket and laid it in with no defense. Any of our big guys would flush that baby…athletically our bigs are going to be tough guards for them.

Boise States big guy seemed to have his way scored double figures, and he didn’t look like anything special, just a solid player.

my guess is they will dig hard on our bugs and like severs games if we can get our Guards plus Kopp to hit 7+ threes combined, we will win going away. If they make 4-6 it’ll be a dog fight..if they shoot poorly we will lose…just my opinion