NCAA Tournament

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm expecting a disappointing showing by the Big Ten in the tournament.  Don't think there will be more than 2 teams from conference advancing to Sweet 16.  Maybe as few as 1.

I'm thinking Illinois and Iowa in the Sweet 16. Purdue has a good chance but their lack of a real PG is a problem.

Edited by SawatchHoosier

40 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Unfortunately, I've let my disdain for Wisconsin drive my decision making.

I put my indv team hatred aside during the tournament, and root for the B1G teams. We've already lost 1 in Rutgers. Would like to see a 6-8 in the S-16 if the match-ups allow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

I put my indv team hatred aside during the tournament, and root for the B1G teams. We've already lost 1 in Rutgers. Would like to see a 6-8 in the S-16 if the match-ups allow.

I normally do this, but not going to root for Michigan or MSU. MI b/c they really shouldn’t be in the tournament and MSU - b/c Izzo. 

I think Iowa will do well, Purdue will underwhelm as usual, and Illinois will win a few. I think we will beat St. Marys and UCLA. 

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I had several B1G teams advancing deep into the tourney and then I went back and tried to remove my B1G bias. It's easier to go with teams you have seen several times and have a feel for but it can come back to bite you. Last season was brutal.

Yep.  I had Illinois all the way last year.  This year, I am hoping I didn't over-correct.  I have Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois advancing to the 2nd round, and only have Wisconsin and Iowa going further than that.

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I wont be surprised if iowa goes out the first round.  I am rooting for them to go as far as they can, but they always disappoint

They very well could, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they get to the elite eight.  They are the best team in the country over the last 30 days according to barttorvik.com's metrics and while they are not a great defensive team, they have shown to be more capable on that end of the court than last year's team that lost in the 2nd rd as a 2 seed.

3 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

They very well could, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they get to the elite eight.  They are the best team in the country over the last 30 days according to barttorvik.com's metrics and while they are not a great defensive team, they have shown to be more capable on that end of the court than last year's team that lost in the 2nd rd as a 2 seed.

I agree totally.  They could be a final 4 type team.  But its Iowa and they always play the worst when it mean the most

• Like 1