NCAA Tournament

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Announcer taking about the kid playing for Illinois being from Indiana. He said that is strange a kid from Indiana being able to shoot. Throwing shade at IU

I don't think every kid from the state that goes elsewhere isn't a shot at IU. Just me though.

Sampson is no dummy...if Goode stays in he'll become a liability on defense because he just doesn't have the muscle for his matchup.

Illini should feel good only being down this much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think every kid from the state that goes elsewhere isn't a shot at IU. Just me though.

Sampson is no dummy...if Goode stays in he'll become a liability on defense because he just doesn't have the muscle for his matchup.

Illini should feel good only being down this much.

He was talking about how he can shoot the ball and make buckets and being from Indiana. Mostly because our guys can't shoot the ball I assume

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He was talking about how he can shoot the ball and make buckets and being from Indiana. Mostly because our guys can't shoot the ball I assume

There's been a lot of slights during this tournament. I can't even begin to count the number of the number of times the announcers said such and such player is from such and such state and can shoot the ball. Pretty much every state college/univeristy in the tournament has been slighted. It's truly awful. j/j

Edited by SawatchHoosier

Just now, BeerBQ said:

I think Luke Goode was one of the biggest recruiting mistakes Archie made. 
He’s a shooter and the team needed shooters. It sounds like he almost certainly come to IU if they made a push. 

Just a complete whiff. 

Rick Bozich just tweeted this out and thought it was funny...other than Aaron, Henry, Jaden Ivey, Wesley, Furst, Trey Kaufman-Renn, LaRavia, Nigel Pack, Tony Perkins, Mason Gillis, Sydney Curry, and Goode the previous staff didn't miss on many Indiana prep players. Haha.

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Announcer taking about the kid playing for Illinois being from Indiana. He said that is strange a kid from Indiana being able to shoot. Throwing shade at IU

I believe that was Reggie Miller and he was being very sarcastic.  I took it as a compliment,  as if every player from Indiana can shoot. Just my take.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rick Bozich just tweeted this out and thought it was funny...other than Aaron, Henry, Jaden Ivey, Wesley, Furst, Trey Kaufman-Renn, LaRavia, Nigel Pack, Tony Perkins, Mason Gillis, Sydney Curry, and Goode the previous staff didn't miss on many Indiana prep players. Haha.

Yes.. got the biggest two, but couldn't find complimentary pieces... and they were there in bunches. 

Not everyone on this list is someone I want now, but yeah, sucks. 

Thankfully.. the talent isn't drying up. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes.. got the biggest two, but couldn't find complimentary pieces... and they were there in bunches. 

Not everyone on this list is someone I want now, but yeah, sucks. 

Thankfully.. the talent isn't drying up. 

Yep...somehow the biggest two are the one's that don't get tweet activity though. Hopefully we get one of the misses back in off season. Pack is really growing on me in our system.

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

At least Underwood wised up and Curbelo wasn't the first one of the bench

I wish I could take screen shots and post the comments I'm getting from Illini friends about Underwood, Curbelo, and other stuff. 

They don't like Curbelo. They also didn't like me saying this could be another One and Donederwood if your coach doesn't recognize a few things. Kofi should have 15 more shots this half. 

• Like 2