NCAA Tournament

3 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Look,  I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy,  but is it time to look at the difference the new ball has made. I don't think any Big Ten team shot better than 30%. Maybe the Big Ten should quietly use the NCAA ball in the league tournament next year.

You have a point. However, I would say the best thing the Big Ten can do to improve the conference teams chances to go deep in tourney is to have the officiating more similar to the rest of the NCAA and not allow the Big Ten games to become Wrestle-mania events.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 3

I hope everyone around the country takes notice of all these schools winning games this year with less than “5 Star” talent. Over and over again this weekend, I have seen guys hit pressure shots, and make big plays. While the more talented teams get out hustled and shoot brick after brick.  Heart and BBIQ matter a lot in the Dance. 

ps. Bob Huggins as charismatic as me about to get a colonoscopy 

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

You have a point. However, I would say the best thing the Big Ten can do to improve the conference teams chances to go deep in tourney is to have the officiating more similar to the rest of the NCAA and not allow the Big Ten games to become Wrestle-mania events.

The big ten has to change the style of play and go from a slow half court style to an uptempo style.  I have read where top recruits don't want to play this style and it appears during tournament time you see the difference in styles

Edited by IU Scott

8 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Look,  I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy,  but is it time to look at the difference the new ball has made. I don't think any Big Ten team shot better than 30%. Maybe the Big Ten should quietly use the NCAA ball in the league tournament next year.

Do the other conferences use this same ball? 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The big ten had to change the style of play and go from a slow half court style to an uptempo style.  I have read where top recruits don't want to play this style and it appears during tournament time you see the difference in styles

Not so fast there Scott.

Izzo is always looking to push the ball. Illinois as well. Crean tried to play that way. Can’t over generalize.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not so fast there Scott.

Izzo is always looking to push the ball. Illinois as well. Crean tried to play that way. Can’t over generalize.

Izzo use to but the last couple of years he hasn't.  For the poor offense I blame the kind of offense teams run today plus lowering the clock to 30 seconds. I love how Gonzaga throws the ball ahead even after the opponents makes a shot.