NCAA Tournament

The BIG10 hasn't won the NCAA basketball tournament in over twenty years.  This year the BIG10 had nine teams in the tournament and as of this moment seven failed to make it to the second weekend.  The conference doesn't seem to be all that we believe it is when it comes to great basketball.  Or it's incredibly unlucky.

• Like 1

Just now, jv1972iu said:

The BIG10 hasn't won the NCAA basketball tournament in over twenty years.  This year the BIG10 had nine teams in the tournament and as of this moment seven failed to make it to the second weekend.  The conference doesn't seem to be all that we believe it is when it comes to great basketball.  Or it's incredibly unlucky.

The preeminent team in the Big 10, the one who could make Final Fours and win championships, has been down for 20 some years...

But they're coming back 😁

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Honestly, I think it has been somewhat unlucky.  The Big 10 has been in the title game 7 times since 2002 with, incredibly, 6 different schools.  They just haven’t won the game.  Then there have also been a few years where the Big 10 has had a lot of really good teams but no elite team.  This may be one of those years.

Edited by IUJoe

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Other than IU I've wanted the B1G to crash and burn in the tournament. Partly because I just really dislike some of the teams but mostly because I was the league to look in the mirror and figure out their style of play doesn't work in the modern game.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, 5fouls said:

I'm expecting a disappointing showing by the Big Ten in the tournament.  Don't think there will be more than 2 teams from conference advancing to Sweet 16.  Maybe as few as 1.

I posted the above on Page 1 of this thread.  I wish I was wrong because this is flat out embarrassing.  Other conferences have better players, better coaches, and play a more entertaining style of play.  The conference is going to start capping at 6 or 7 bids going forward.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I posted the above on Page 1 of this thread.  I wish I was wrong because this is flat out embarrassing.  Other conferences have better players, better coaches, and play a more entertaining style of play.  The conference is going to start capping at 6 or 7 bids going forward.  

It's circular: entertaining play styles leads to better players which leads to entertaining play.