NCAA Tournament

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

All of you, please take a second to read the fan replies to Purdue’s final score tweet. 

It’ll make you realize the whole “IU fans are the most toxic group” narrative is a joke. Purdue has had a consistently good team for years and most of their fans are trashing the team and saying they are no longer fans. 

For reference 😂

38D048A7-6026-4F6B-832F-B5BFED117DD0.jpeg

EEDE6504-5905-44C6-A9A4-3F2741B96FC8.jpeg

AC83DAF7-0799-4B04-AE11-1729AA8746A3.jpeg

E43AC9AF-149E-4332-8086-76DB138B9800.jpeg

3040AF26-A534-41C2-B63A-4EEDF5686E14.jpeg

3C74F7EF-AA92-4E76-8682-FA6646EEAC90.jpeg

1C10D24A-E10C-48AB-8215-3641E5D5B678.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm bored so I started reading some of the Toiletmakers boards and they are starting to sound like Kensucky fans without the hatred. The bloom is starting to wilt for some of them on Painter, the funny thing is they are resigned to the fact that he is a Sweet Sixteen coach at best but that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I have a lot of respect for Coach Painter. He seems like a class act. He made references this year at times that sounded like his team was not easy to coach. Sometimes the talent doesn't mesh.

Many Purdue fans that I know think he was referring to Ivey.  All the fans loved Ivey but know he had one foot out the door from the beginning of this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU247 said:

Trevion Williams says Saint Peter's got a home whistle. Also said Purdue didn't play hard enough.

Please. Dude blatantly traveled on a bucket he made down the stretch and no call, and he has the nerve to say that after losing to a 15? Shaddap. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IU247 said:

Trevion Williams says Saint Peter's got a home whistle. Also said Purdue didn't play hard enough.

Their first two tourney games Purdue shot a combined 79 FTs and their opponents shot 23 FTs, Williams needs to shut his whiney mouth.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

St. Peters got called for 19 fouls.  Purdue for 18. 

Whatever makes you feel better Trevion

There was a stat during the game. First 2 games Purdue was +47 at line...during this game they were +1 at the time. Maybe getting away from pounding the ball inside had something to do with it? \

Coach Painter seems like a good guy....but this one is on him not demanding his players to send it down low.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

St. Peters got called for 19 fouls.  Purdue for 18. 

Whatever makes you feel better Trevion

In Trevion’s defense, I remember some conference games where refs would go nearly an entire half without calling a foul on Purdue. I’m sure it felt one sided by comparison. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

All of you, please take a second to read the fan replies to Purdue’s final score tweet. 

It’ll make you realize the whole “IU fans are the most toxic group” narrative is a joke. Purdue has had a consistently good team for years and most of their fans are trashing the team and saying they are no longer fans. 

Purdue has always had terrible fans on social media. It goes relatively unnoticed because their fanbase is a lot smaller than ours. 

• Like 2