NCAA Tournament

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Oh I know. Wondering where IU would have finished in that league? Got to believe we would have been sitting at 3 or 4. 

I don't think so.  But they play an unbalanced schedule as well.  The Irish were the big benefactors of it this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

I don't think so.  But they play an unbalanced schedule as well.  The Irish were the big benefactors of it this year.

Where would you have had us? Behind Carolina, Duke for sure …. Maybe Miami and Wake…. Def not anybody else. At least I don’t think so. Could prob argue that Wake benefitted from the unbalance just as much. 4-5? 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Where would you have had us? Behind Carolina, Duke for sure …. Maybe Miami and Wake…. Def not anybody else. At least I don’t think so. Could prob argue that Wake benefitted from the unbalance just as much. 4-5? 

The most meaningful comparison is that Syracuse finished in 9th place with a conference record of 9-11.  Syracuse beat us in Double OT, so an argument could be made that the two were fairly equal.  

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Got to figure Notre Dame and Va Tech in there as well.  And remember, Syracuse beat us.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The most meaningful comparison is that Syracuse finished in 9th place with a conference record of 9-11.  Syracuse beat us in Double OT, so an argument could be made that the two were fairly equal.  

And we beat Notre Dame...

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, I get that, but I have a very hard time believing Syracuse would have had any chance to beat us at home or on a neutral floor. At home was their only shot and it took double OT early in the season (our first road game). I don’t think we fall below 5th. Unless we got the wrong end of the unbalanced schedule. JMO. 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, I get that, but I have a very hard time believing Syracuse would have had any chance to beat us at home or on a neutral floor. At home was their only shot and it took double OT early in the season (our first road game). I don’t think we fall below 5th. Unless we got the wrong end of the unbalanced schedule. JMO. 

Fair enough.  But, I think the ACC is proving to be better than people thought, while the Big Ten proved to be the opposite.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The Big Ten was deep, but not strong at the top. #9 IU split with IL, PU & #5 OSU. Could have swept PU & OSU. Lost two to WI, but should have at least split & could have swept WI. As flawed as IU was, a few bounces the other way & IU could have been near the top of the B1G.

Yes, I understand that but the B1G sucked in the tournament.

Our fan base would be on fire if we were any of the top four seeds and got eliminated where they did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

We beat Purdue but still finished 9th in the Big Ten.  

The ONLY reason we made the tournament was we played in the Big Ten.  And, the subsequent results of the tournament says the big Ten was overrated.   

Fair enough.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We beat Purdue but still finished 9th in the Big Ten.  

The ONLY reason we made the tournament was we played in the Big Ten.  And, the subsequent results of the tournament says the big Ten was overrated.   

Not sure you can really say that. We made the tournament because of our body of work, not because of the perception of the conferences. Eye test and how a team is playing down the stretch isn’t a factor; I think maybe this tournament is proof it should be, but the goal of the committee is not to put in the most teams with the chance of winning or seeding teams according to who they think can make a deep run. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Looking back, I’m an idiot for not putting Duke in at least the final four

I did one last entry on Wednesday night before tourney just to cover the contingency. If Duke/Kansas plays and  Duke wins I get 4th out 497.....not going to win but certainly will cover my Gonzaga/Arizona/Baylor/UK mistakes...

Someone tell me me with a straight face that Arkansas is being officiated the same way against Duke as they were against Gonzaga. Tell me with a straight face that Duke is being officiated the same way as was Gonzaga. I've seen two over the back calls on Williams for Duke that would have been called against just about anybody else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I did one last entry on Wednesday night before tourney just to cover the contingency. If Duke/Kansas plays and  Duke wins I get 4th out 497.....not going to win but certainly will cover my Gonzaga/Arizona/Baylor/UK mistakes...

I can hear Golic saying "sheet of integrity"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Someone tell me me with a straight face that Arkansas is being officiated the same way against Duke as they were against Gonzaga. Tell me with a straight face that Duke is being officiated the same way as was Gonzaga. I've seen two over the back calls on Williams for Duke that would have been called against just about anybody else.

I told you guys. The refs winked at K before the game. The NCAA knows where the money will be made 

• Like 1

Duke is playing well. Quick, precise & efficient. Really having their way. I like how well their players playing sharp and don’t appear to be thinking through each step. But the Duke defense is the difference right now. 

Arkansas is going to have to step it up defensively. Turn up the tempo and shift the momentum.

6 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

I found your guy.  

"The game was absolutely called fairly.  Why would anyone say otherwise?"

Krzyzewski Press Conference to Air Live on ESPN, ACC Network - Duke  University

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Fair enough.  But, I think the ACC is proving to be better than people thought, while the Big Ten proved to be the opposite.  

I get that, but my initial point was that Duke, Carolina, and Miami didn’t get the crap beat out of them during the regular season like Big10 teams did, so they are fresher when the tournament rolls around. With that said, those three teams’ success in the tourney don’t equate to a 15 team league all of a sudden being better because of it. I would just argue that Carolina and Miami are better than we thought (or just got hot at the right time). Doesn’t prove anything about the league for me. Big 10 did win the challenge again right? 

• Like 2