NCAA Tournament

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So far in my lifetime these are the championships my team has won. I am 51 years old.

IU basketball 3

IU football 0

Colts 1

Pacers 0 in the NBA.

Reds 3

If you are 51 and IU  is “your team “ then you can include 9 soccer champions and 3 swimming… the latter part of a 6 year sequence of national titles under James “Doc” Counsilman.

Broaden your horizons, Scott. Never know what else is out there 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So far in my lifetime these are the championships my team has won. I am 51 years old.

IU basketball 3

IU football 0

Colts 1

Pacers 0 in the NBA.

Reds 3

1990 was the year I was born... same teams, go.  

Edited by btownqb

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

IU basketball 3

IU football 0

Colts 1

Pacers 0 in the NBA.

Reds 3

I'm 45. I was alive for the 1981 IU basketball championship but I remember nothing about it. The 1987 team is the only one I watched and remember.

Bears fan - I remember Super Bowl 20. I didn't know the rules of football yet but my brother and father were all about it and it felt exciting. 

Pacers, yeah. The runs in the 90's and the 2000 NBA Finals were fun though. I lived in Indy in 2000 and went to all the Knicks-Pacers ECF games in Indy and watched the Pacers lost Game 6 at Conseco Fieldhouse on the big screen

Cubs - 2016 - Nothing will ever top that!

Blackhawks - 3 championships in 6 years - that was super exciting!

Overall, I feel pretty satisfied as a fan. When I was young, especially seeing the Bears and IU basketball win championships I started to expect those things to always happen. Obviously not how it works. Seeing the Cubs win the World Series was the cherry on top, especially since my dad got to see it before he passed away. Anything/everything after that is gravy.

Edited by bronkonagurski

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Don't let Dan Dakich see this, his head might explode. 

Well I thought today maybe DD would do some ripping of PU but somehow it lead back to him ripping on IU for leaking the info to Rabjohn's.  He told PU fans who want Painter go they should book at IU and see how making changes doesn't always work.

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I thought today maybe DD would do some ripping of PU but somehow it lead back to him ripping on IU for leaking the info to Rabjohn's.  He told PU fans who want Painter go they should book at IU and see how making changes doesn't always work.

How did you feel about that Scott.  He agrees with you on coaching changes lol

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Dakich will never say anything negative about Painter or Purdue (other than some of their fans, apparently). 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He’s not wrong on that part.  As an IU fan I’d love to go to sweet 16s every year.  Eventually you’ll knock that door down unless your name is Purdue

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 2:49 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

Dakich will never say anything negative about Painter or Purdue (other than some of their fans, apparently). 

He said Purdue is where you go if you are scared of playing big time college basketball….that’s why he went to IU!