NCAA Tournament

7 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If these games showed us anything,  it should be we have to recruit on a national level.  Wanting kids from Indiana, just because they are from Indiana is not going to cut it. 

Yep. 1 player from Indiana in the Final Four this year, and he's been in college for 7 years. The days of building a roster with nothing but Indiana kids and being good enough to win it all are a thing of the past. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If these games showed us anything,  it should be we have to recruit on a national level.  Wanting kids from Indiana, just because they are from Indiana is not going to cut it. 

BING! BING! BING!   This 100%!!!   And international too!   And we need to travel into those gray areas too, imo.  Times have changed.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not a fan of either ball club, but what an awesome game!

Man you can definitely see the difference in caliber of players between the Hoosiers and either of these two teams.

Maybe someday.....

Just got back from the game with my son. It was an amazing game. Talent difference was on full display tonight. I loved that I saw a great game UNC V Duke and really didn’t worry or care which team won. Either team lose and I was happy. Nice to see both fan bases hate on each other. 

Kansas looked the really good. Probably the best

Edited by Bama4IU
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If there is a top player from Indiana go after them, but like you said Hoosiers need to recruit nationally.👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bama4IU said:

Just got back from the game with my son. It was an amazing game. Talent difference was on full display tonight. I loved that I saw a great game UNC V Duke and really didn’t worry or care which team won. Either team lose and I was happy. Nice to see both fan bases hate on each other. 

Kansas looked the really good. Probably the best

So UNC is tied for us with number of titles and Kansas was in over their head on that FBI stuff just a few years back and never faced any consequences...oh, and UNC had the fake class scandal as well.  Who said cheating doesn't pay? 

Anyways, can they both lose?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Agree 1000%. We look like a jv team compared to these teams. Without cheating I don't know how these teams do it year after year. 

Not a Woodson fan but I hope he can recruit at the level of the big name schools. I am tired of below average talent and coaching.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rico said:

I called it last night to the tune of twenty bucks.  I just felt UNC had Duke's number.  They beat them in K's last game at Cameron, why not beat him in his last game period.

OK, Rico🏳️

I didn't see it coming. At all.

Kansas should be terrified. 

Edited by FKIM01

27 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Agree 1000%. We look like a jv team compared to these teams. Without cheating I don't know how these teams do it year after year. 

Not a Woodson fan but I hope he can recruit at the level of the big name schools. I am tired of below average talent and coaching.

We are going to have to look like Nova. We aren't UNC, Duke, UK, and Kansas. We just aren't. Never going to recruit like them. 

Skill development and advanced work in the weight room will be our ticket. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are going to have to look like Nova. We aren't UNC, Duke, UK, and Kansas. We just aren't. Never going to recruit like them. 

Skill development and advanced work in the weight room will be our ticket. 

Yeah, you're probably right...but if IU can continue to pull a player or two from the Montverde Academy's of HS basketball, then I think the program can reestablish itself over time. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Not Woodson fan no use to watch Indiana basketball

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah, you're probably right...but if IU can continue to pull a player or two from the Montverde Academy's of HS basketball, then I think the program can reestablish itself over time. 

Yeah, we just need better players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I agree. We can get good/great/highly ranked players.. just don't think we'll be having 3 guys in the top 15. Only, absolute only point I'm trying to make. 

Even during these down years we have had top 50 guys. Need .5 more per year in that category and a whole lot more development. 

• Like 2

The difference (huge) in talent was the guards and wings. TJD is every bit as good as Bacot or Williams. Did you notice neither one of them took a shot outside of 5ft from the basket all game, and that Bacot didn’t get more than six inches off the floor all night? He’s just tough and has a nose for the ball and gets after it.

• Like 5

I understand that development plays a role, but here is a list of NCAA Champions over the years...start at last year, click on each team and look how many RSCI top 100 kids each roster has...

Let me know when you hit a team that has less than 4...I think the answer will surprise you...

So, yeah...talent...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So you can only be a fan when your team wins?

Well if you can read I said I have been watching them since the 60's. 

Any intelligent person can see that I still watch them but I don't plan my life around it like I used to.

I was not a Crean, Archie or Woodson fan.