NCAA Tournament

19 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Well if you can read I said I have been watching them since the 60's. 

Any intelligent person can see that I still watch them but I don't plan my life around it like I used to.

I was not a Crean, Archie or Woodson fan.  

Maybe that is because you have other things like family obligations.  

9 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

The difference (huge) in talent was the guards and wings. TJD is every bit as good as Bacot or Williams. Did you notice neither one of them took a shot outside of 5ft from the basket all game, and that Bacot didn’t get more than six inches off the floor all night? He’s just tough and has a nose for the ball and gets after it.

Thing is…we were in it to the end for RJ and  Caleb….we could have landed that backcourt. Also both of them had pretty rough years last year…and honestly were having a rough year this year until around late January. Honestly we aren’t far off from putting something together…just have to get over the hump in those recruiting battles and have guys like Bates take that next step next year like RJ and Caleb did.

• Like 2

Watching the championship and it is striking how much faster both teams play. Constant movement and the ball does not get stuck in one spot. Both teams force the defense to chase and react constantly. 

The other thing that stands out is UNC and Kansas both have multiple scores. It's not just a couple guys that can get their own shot. 

5 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Watching the championship and it is striking how much faster both teams play. Constant movement and the ball does not get stuck in one spot. Both teams force the defense to chase and react constantly. 

The other thing that stands out is UNC and Kansas both have multiple scores. It's not just a couple guys that can get their own shot. 

It's staggering. We're probably at least a full recruiting cycle away from this level of play. 

Even though they're getting wrecked right now, I fully expect Kansas to crush us next season. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

It's staggering. We're probably at least a full recruiting cycle away from this level of play. 

Even though they're getting wrecked right now, I fully expect Kansas to crush us next season. 

You think we're 1 recruiting cycle away from the talent that Kansas and UNC has?  One complete year?  You think in one year we're going to have that talent?

A couple of observations about how Hubert Davis uses Bacot.

He gets his touches, but he doesn’t park him under the hoop. 

If it’s not there for Bacot; they immediately look for other options rather than force it into him and let the defense rest. 

He got his 2nd foul with over 3.00 left in the half. UNC was up 10+ and Davis didn’t take him out until there was 30 seconds left in the half. 

Edited by tdhoosier

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We are 20 years behind these teams.

And why are we playing Kansas next year? We are not in their universe. They are going to prison sex us.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

A couple of observations about how Hubert Davis uses Bacot.

He gets his touches, but he doesn’t park him under the hoop. 

If it’s not there for Bacot; they immediately look for other options rather than force it into him and let the defense rest. 

He got his 2nd foul with over 3.00 left in the half. UNC was up 10+ and Davis didn’t take him out until there was 30 seconds left in the half. 

Despite what you may have read on this board a couple months ago, Hubert Davis is a really good coach. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

And why are we playing Kansas next year? We are not in their universe. They are going to prison sex us.

SOS and players like playing against big time programs.  Lots of folks here complain about our non conference schedule.

Edited by jv1972iu

7 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

They may shoot and rebound better, but our PG is faster on the drive than theirs.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

To me the big ten coaches and administrators have to take a hard long look how these teams play.  Nobody on the big ten has this kind of speed and athletic ability on the backcourt.

My question is do we play this way because of how the refs calls the game or do the refs call the game because of the way we play.

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Despite what you may have read on this board a couple months ago, Hubert Davis is a really good coach. 

Yeah, I guess the real blue bloods don't miss on their coaches. 

Meanwhile, Indiana hired a coach that needed That Matt's and Dane Fife to make the hire more palatable to the fans.

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You think we're 1 recruiting cycle away from the talent that Kansas and UNC has?  One complete year?  You think in one year we're going to have that talent?

I think meant 4 years where in class goes all the way through to graduation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Meanwhile, Indiana hired a coach that needed two baby sitters to make the hire more palatable to the fans.

Fife was Woodson's babysitter?  I would love for you to make that statement to Woodson's face.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Meanwhile, Indiana hired a coach that needed two baby sitters to make the hire more palatable to the fans.

I hate to sound like Scott, but I think some of our fans may be to blame for that and some of our other problems.

Our fans reaction to the Fife firing and the XJ non-situation has been eye-opening; elite programs don't react the way our fans have. 

I have no idea if Woody will be the long-term guy or not, no one does, but some of our fans are almost rooting against him after a year over some really dumb things. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I hate to sound like Scott, but I think some of our fans may be to blame for that and some of our other problems.

Our fans reaction to the Fife firing and the XJ non-situation has been eye-opening; elite programs don't react the way our fans have. 

I have no idea if Woody will be the long-term guy or not, no one does, but some of our fans are almost rooting against him after a year over some really dumb things. 

You are coming around

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1