NCAA Tournament

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

46-12 for free throws. No style of play can possibly justify that discrepancy.....at least that's what we've been told when Teddy did us vs Duke in 91. 

It was 33-11 when they played Yale, and that was with Yale getting the last 6 attempts when both teams had their walk-ons in the game. 

• Like 2

One last thing gang. 3 seeds are supposed to advance to Sweet 16. Even a gifted bracket has a way of sometimes not working out. Time will tell if our comrades to the Nort will take advantage. The last 4 decades says they won't. Couple of programs oppo of Purdue in their bracket have just a tad more success this time of year. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I went to high school with Jerry Sichsting. I also think Rick Mount is probably the best shooter I've seen play in the Big 10. And I do respect Keady and Painter...

But I'll never root for Purdue...ever...

If I had a last second shot for my life….

Jay Edwards 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 11:57 PM, Seeking6 said:

One last thing gang. 3 seeds are supposed to advance to Sweet 16. Even a gifted bracket has a way of sometimes not working out. Time will tell if our comrades to the Nort will take advantage. The last 4 decades says they won't. Couple of programs oppo of Purdue in their bracket have just a tad more success this time of year. 

Adjusted D now at #86 after tonight. No team has ever made a championship game with a number that low. Playing St. Peter's may help with that, but only 3 teams have made a Final Four with a defense worse than 50. They also have the second-worst defense of any team left in the field. 

UCLA has a top 20 offense and defense. They're also ahead of Purdue in Kenpom's overall rankings, and finished ahead of them in the NET rankings as well. Not sure why they got 4 seed. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, IUDan93 said:

The gleam is officially off of the Illini. Kofi is gone and they don't look like they are building toward any real success. 

I hope Underwear continues to stubbornly play Curbello next year...dude can't shoot and is a turnover machine.😂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Slaying the Beard was a good step. The narrative of being 0-3 against him would’ve sucked. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

46-12 for free throws. No style of play can possibly justify that discrepancy.....at least that's what we've been told when Teddy did us vs Duke in 91....before the makeup stuff at the end. 

That’s certainly a big gap but I feel like Texas took a ton of jumpers, didn’t have a true low post option, and their biggest regular was the size of Mason Gillis. That was always going to be an uphill battle against Edey and Tre. Texas once against shot significantly better than their season average from 3 until they had to start chucking late in the game. That kept them in it until the end. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s certainly a big gap but I feel like Texas took a ton of jumpers, didn’t have a true low post option, and their biggest regular was the size of Mason Gillis. That was always going to be an uphill battle against Edey and Tre. Texas once against shot significantly better than their season average from 3 until they had to start chucking late in the game. That kept them in it until the end. 

I'm leaning more toward the referees were on the take...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2