Jump to content

NCAA Tournament


Recommended Posts

What these games have proven overall is that you have to have at least four guys on the floor who can score, if not five for most teams. And most can shoot from three. Need to have five guys that can be capable of contributing consistently. I know this is broken record but even St Peter’s has five guys on the court who can put the ball in the basket. Not to slight them but they don’t have our resources. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The whole National Peacock Day thing is a fabrication of social media that was created today.  When my son texted it to me this morning, I could not find a single source other than the one he sent me.  When I google it now, there are pages and pages, but they are all dated today.

National Peacock Day did not exist prior to today.  

Buzz kill. LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It'll get better buddy!  You should have bet on St. Peters.  At least you'd have hundreds to dry your tears!

Got a promotion at work so I’ll just try to focus on that lol. Tonight is just a reminder that as a Purdue fan, we can’t have nice things. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Got a promotion at work so I’ll just try to focus on that lol. Tonight is just a reminder that as a Purdue fan, we can’t have nice things. 

Promotion?  Maybe I'll see you in the field soon!  

Good to focus on that vs. a crappy ball game anyway...I hear your frustration as I remember 35 bannerless years for IU fans, but you better believe we enjoyed tonight after all those IU sucks chants. 😜

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IU247 said:

Trevion Williams says Saint Peter's got a home whistle. Also said Purdue didn't play hard enough.

 

Refs were fine. This team was turnover prone all season and that got them again tonight. Just like the BTT final against Iowa.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

These games have been great and the flow has been good.  The thing is that teams still struggle to score 70 points.  Only two teams scored 70+ tonight and wonder why the struggle to score

Because college basketball is more competitive than it is high quality?

Because college basketball is over coached?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Because college basketball is more competitive than it is high quality?

Because college basketball is over coached?

I also think there is more focus on Defense than there used to be.  Or maybe i just think there is.  But it seems to me team play better defense that they used to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I keep seeing people begging for a 7 footer. Bigs don't win in the big dance. The big ten doesn't win in the big dance... I hope Woody builds a roster full of 6'4-6'8 guys who can shoot and are above average athletes. 

Agree, but it’s a tough thing. In a one game tourney scenario, you can swarm and deny a big man with smaller players, but in the B1G conference schedule, you are facing so many big guys. Can you do that without wearing your smaller players down?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I keep seeing people begging for a 7 footer. Bigs don't win in the big dance. The big ten doesn't win in the big dance... I hope Woody builds a roster full of 6'4-6'8 guys who can shoot and are above average athletes. 

The player I’d want at center is Omoruyi at Rutgers. 6’11 athletic rim protector with great hands. But they don’t make many of those 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Agree, but it’s a tough thing. In a one game tourney scenario, you can swarm and deny a big man with smaller players, but in the B1G conference schedule, you are facing so many big guys. Can you do that without wearing your smaller players down?

I'm saying the whole conference needs to get with the current times.. our big Peter out come tournament time. They simply get ran off the floor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Every Purdue fan I know, no matter if it’s football or basketball. Continue to blame the refs for every loss. I know we have some also ,but man Purdue has many more! 

That was the big talk once the refs were announced. Bo Boroski and that other dude from the B1G.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The player I’d want at center is Omoruyi at Rutgers. 6’11 athletic rim protector with great hands. But they don’t make many of those 

You're right...Omoruyi made big strides from last year...

Eduardo Andre from Nebraska (in limited minutes) reminded me of the Omoruyi of last year...and he's in the portal...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I also think there is more focus on Defense than there used to be.  Or maybe i just think there is.  But it seems to me team play better defense that they used to.

I also think it is the type of offense they run today.  It seems like there are a lot of meaningless movement that isn't trying to get a shot.  To me every cut and pass should be trying to get a shot.  To me they try to just set up to get one perfect shot which usually doesn't happen.  I also think the 30 second clock had hurt the offensive game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...