St Mary's Pregame Thread

Reacher

Just now, btownqb said:

What is this reporting the game times in Central time? lol 

Dakich now basically taking credit for the win.  Basically, thank God that Scott Dolson finally listened to what I had been saying for 2 decades and hired an IU guy.

Just last week he said this was by far the dumbest Indiana team since at least 1985 and that Woody needs to shut up and win.  Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

If the travel doesn't take our legs we're going to beat this team inside-out. Our money line-up + Geronimo is defensively capable of shutting them down. They're a soft team and for whatever reason I think Kopp will give us 12+ points. 

I don't think they are anything close to soft...... This will be a tough game. As a former coach, I emphatically told my players before every game.....  "Respect your competition!" 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Dakich now basically taking credit for the win.  Basically, thank God that Scott Dolson finally listened to what I had been saying for 2 decades and hired an IU guy.

Just last week he said this was by far the dumbest Indiana team since at least 1985 and that Woody needs to shut up and win.  Lol.

Just flinging darts isn't he? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe the NCAA should consider not sending a First Four winner clear across the country for their next round game.  

No kidding. At the very least, they could have given them the last game Thursday night instead of second to last. Oh well, GO HOOSIERS!!

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

No kidding. At the very least, they could have given them the last game Thursday night instead of second to last. Oh well, GO HOOSIERS!!

This is what I wanted. Guess they HAD to have UCLA playing at 7pm local time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Now Dakich is saying it will be Woody's fault if we lose tomorrow due to fatigue.   We should've slept at a hotel in Dayton last night and then flown to Portland this morning after everyone got enough sleep. 😂

What a dumbass.  Woody doesn't have any control over the NCAA's charter schedules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

What a dumbass.  Woody doesn't have any control over the NCAA's charter schedules.

He says Woody should've just done it anyways.  Also, said Thad Matta knows nothing about college basketball and that's why he got fired at OSU because the game passed him by and why Dan won't have him on his show.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

#21 in DE San Francisco They Beat 69-64 and 72-70

#7 in DE Gonzaga they beat 67-57 but lost 2x 74-58 and 82-69.

#2 in DE San Diego St. they lost to 63-53.

They are #17 overall and IU #35.  Strength of schedule is 71 SM and 321 IU.

Opps DE for SM is #67 and #69 for IU.

Opps OE for SM is #48 and for IU #12.

Good info. The overall strength of schedule ranking you listed is just for non-conference though. Overall, IU's SOS is at 39 (including last night's game) and SM is at 60.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He says Woody should've just done it anyways.  Also, said Thad Matta knows nothing about college basketball and that's why he got fired at OSU because the game passed him by and why Dan won't have him on his show.

That has to be the reason why.  To assume that it's because Matta isn't in a media-facing position anymore, would gain nothing from talking to Dakich and doesn't personally want the attention it would bring would be just sheer lunacy.  😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

That has to be the reason why.  To assume that it's because Matta isn't in a media-facing position anymore, would gain nothing from talking to Dakich and doesn't personally want the attention it would bring would be just sheer lunacy.  😅

Or maybe it's because Thad is watching his diet and doesn't need a sub sandwich...

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

...and Dan is such a basketball savant, which is why he's currently making millions successfully coaching a top-20 national program. 🙄

I hope you listen for the sheer comedy.  Dan changes his position regularly by looking in a rearview mirror.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have heard him contradict himself in the same rant, so it doesn't surprise me. 

"Stop making excuses about who is hurt or who is out there.  wah wah.  Just go out and win baby.  I don't know, maybe I know something about coaching.  When I was Bowling Green, if my best players weren't hurt, I would have won a ton."

I wish I was making that up.  It's actually kind of sad.  No credibility, though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don't think they are anything close to soft...... This will be a tough game. As a former coach, I emphatically told my players before every game.....  "Respect your competition!" 

I watched them a little bit against Gonzaga.  Looked disciplined and moved the ball well.  Good team play was what I saw.  

Let's be honest, that Wyoming offense would drive us nuts.  Very little ball movement.  Looked like some of our bad offenses the last decade in the half court.  Just drive it in one on one or dump it into the post.  

• Like 2