St Mary's Pregame Thread

Reacher

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

#21 in DE San Francisco They Beat 69-64 and 72-70

#7 in DE Gonzaga they beat 67-57 but lost 2x 74-58 and 82-69.

#2 in DE San Diego St. they lost to 63-53.

They are #17 overall and IU #35.  Strength of schedule is 71 SM and 321 IU.

Opps DE for SM is #67 and #69 for IU.

Opps OE for SM is #48 and for IU #12.

If we hold them under 53 I predict an easy win :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don't think they are anything close to soft...... This will be a tough game. As a former coach, I emphatically told my players before every game.....  "Respect your competition!" 

They'll have to be a level of physical against us that they haven't been required to be throughout the year......that's less derogatory than "they're soft." 

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

#21 in DE San Francisco They Beat 69-64 and 72-70

#7 in DE Gonzaga they beat 67-57 but lost 2x 74-58 and 82-69.

#2 in DE San Diego St. they lost to 63-53.

They are #17 overall and IU #35.  Strength of schedule is 71 SM and 321 IU.

Opps DE for SM is #67 and #69 for IU.

Opps OE for SM is #48 and for IU #12.

Is that overall sos?  

No one can rightly argue that the entirety of their schedule is remotely better than IU or any team in the B1G.

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Many are focusing on IU's early morning, airport issues and the hope of being very tired for their game.

Kinda of silly IMO that they feel this way. With a start time of 4:30 Pacific time that's 7:30pm eastern. This should be more than ample time for Indiana to prepare and get rest. If anything the 3 games in the BIG TEN tourney prepared Indiana for this travel. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

Here's the every shot taken from 2022 WAC Championship game if anyone wants to watch St. Mary's against Gonzaga on a neutral court. From watching this I feel like TJD can obviously dominate. St Marys allowed the Gonzaga big ample room to pass out to their 3 point shooters. Additionally, the St. Mary's transition D appeared suspect. Indiana needs at least one of Kopp, Parker, Phinisee or someone to catch fire from 3.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Kinda of silly IMO that they feel this way. With a start time of 4:30 Pacific time that's 7:30pm eastern. This should be more than ample time for Indiana to prepare and get rest. If anything the 3 games in the BIG TEN tourney prepared Indiana for this travel. 

.......opposing teams try to find flaws and make excuses. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Here's the every shot taken from 2022 WAC Championship game if anyone wants to watch St. Mary's against Gonzaga on a neutral court. From watching this I feel like TJD can obviously dominate. St Marys allowed the Gonzaga big ample room to pass out to their 3 point shooters. Indiana needs at least one of Kopp, Parker, Phinisee or someone to catch fire from 3.

Kopp, Stewart and Rob are not catching fire.  Hasn't happened all year and i don't expect anything different tomorrow.  We will have to beat them with TJD, XJ and maybe someone else scoring to win.  Our "Shooters" can't shoot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Here's the every shot taken from 2022 WAC Championship game if anyone wants to watch St. Mary's against Gonzaga on a neutral court. From watching this I feel like TJD can obviously dominate. St Marys allowed the Gonzaga big ample room to pass out to their 3 point shooters. Additionally, the St. Mary's transition D appeared suspect.

Indiana needs at least one of Kopp, Parker, Phinisee or someone to catch fire from 3.

No Race?

Edited by IUKane21
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Kopp, Stewart and Rob are not catching fire.  Hasn't happened all year and i don't expect anything different tomorrow.  We will have to beat them with TJD, XJ and maybe someone else scoring to win.  Our "Shooters" can't shoot.

I agree that likelihood of that happening is low but Kopp did shoot 4-6 from three at Purdue five games ago. 

8 minutes ago, IUKane21 said:

No Race?

I feel Race will have to be a force on the boards. If he can get to the 10 rebounds range he's gonna influence the game positively without scoring points. If Jackson starts to command double-teams like he did earlier in the season then Race will have ample opportunities to score. 

• Like 2