Jump to content

3/17-3/20 H vs. Xavier


btownqb
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 game set starting tonight

6pm first pitch this evening and a GORGEOUS night for it. Perkins gets the start tonight, I assume Brehmer will start a game... past that I have no clue. 

We played tonight, Saturday at noon, and a Sunday DH (which looks to be a nice day, as well). Suppose to be 63 on Sun and sunny, we might head over. Anyways... the bats have been HOT at home, we have to get the pitching going though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

Buuuuut... we have two vet pitchers that should NOT be struggling. 

Admittedly not real smart on the nuances of college baseball....but will a coach stick with those 2 guys all season because of player limits or can he put them in the pen and just full on youth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Admittedly not real smart on the nuances of college baseball....but will a coach stick with those 2 guys all season because of player limits or can he put them in the pen and just full on youth?

Player limits? What were you meaning with player limits? Size of roster? 

They're both in the pen now. 

But.. the frustrating part, Sharp has thrown, at times, EXCELLENT. 

5.1IP at Troy 1ER. Modungo was a 2.35ERA in plenty of innings last season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Player limits? What were you meaning with player limits? Size of roster? 

They're both in the pen now. 

But.. the frustrating part, Sharp has thrown, at times, EXCELLENT. 

5.1IP at Troy 1ER. Modungo was a 2.35ERA in plenty of innings last season. 

I just meant on limits because they don't have a farm system to bring up others....do college coaches ride out starting pitchers all season long because we have to. Sounds like he saw enough and sent them to the pen.

I'm knee deep in hoops or would be more active in here. Hopefully the guys recover today and tomorrow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I just meant on limits because they don't have a farm system to bring up others....do college coaches ride out starting pitchers all season long because we have to. Sounds like he saw enough and sent them to the pen.

I'm knee deep in hoops or would be more active in here. Hopefully the guys recover today and tomorrow. 

Yep, moved both to the pen already. I don't see us having a very successful season without those 2 playing better. There's 2 other Vets that aren't getting the job done either. 

Stahl, Bothwell, Modugno, and Sharp. Those 4 need to wake tf up. Sorry for the language, but its true. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep, moved both to the pen already. I don't see us having a very successful season without those 2 playing better. There's 2 other Vets that aren't getting the job done either. 

Stahl, Bothwell, Modugno, and Sharp. Those 4 need to wake tf up. Sorry for the language, but its true. 

One other question. Does the portal in baseball get as much action as the portal in hoops? Seems like you could go find 3-4 guys real quick. My best friend played at small juco in Iowa....had a great season and started at Iowa St the following year.

Just curious how much roster turnover still goes on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One other question. Does the portal in baseball get as much action as the portal in hoops? Seems like you could go find 3-4 guys real quick. My best friend played at small juco in Iowa....had a great season and started at Iowa St the following year.

Just curious how much roster turnover still goes on. 

Roster turnover is the largest in any sport, I believe. 

We brought an ungodly amount of them in. 

Stahl- 1.80 ERA 25 innings 

Sharp- 11ip 3.18 ERA

Mudungo- 38IP 2.09ERA

Bothwell- 33IP 2.70ERA

And all have balloned ERAs currently. Thats over 100 innings they pitched last year!!! Ughh

Lotsssss of transfers though. D1 to D1, D1 to JuCo, Juco to D1... fair amount of D2/D3 to D1 as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess our bats like cold dreary rainy days. 12-10 Xavier...IU keeps chopping away at lead.

Ugh. Another frustrating day. Good to see Stahl and Walker pitch well. 

And to be fair.. Tucker has, as well. 

Keep moving forward. Today was really funky weather wise. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

B3 

Brehmer has pitched 3 double plays. As unlikely as that is, in 3 innings, all 4 of the hits that he has surrendered are either incredibly soft contact or aided by the sun that was lost for a double. 

Anyways.. 

Doanes- 2 singles, 2 runs, 1 RBI

Whalen- 2 run HR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...