NCAAT - St. Mary’s Game Thread

KDB

12 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

It may be oversimistic. But we may have actually over achieved.

We are weak on the wing and are a very poor shooting team.

The biggest difference in this game is not scheme, effort etc.

They make open shots. We clank.

We play solid. We usually defend. Our effort is there. We flat can not put the basket in the hoop and our wings are average at best overall.

We have a bright future. I hope. 😕

I’ve felt this for a while. Their margin for error is so small. Trying to win so many games in the 60’s is so tough. Defense has carried them

• Like 2

I’m disappointed in this game, but I am far from disappointed in this team. In 02 we played for the title. Since then we have been on a continual downward trajectory. For the first time to me it feels like we are pointed up. IU has a long way to go, but I genuinely believe the right people are finally in the driver’s  seat. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

It may be oversimistic. But we may have actually over achieved.

We are weak on the wing and are a very poor shooting team.

The biggest difference in this game is not scheme, effort etc.

They make open shots. We clank.

We play solid. We usually defend. Our effort is there. We flat can not put the basket in the hoop and our wings are average at best overall.

We have a bright future. I hope. 😕

Agree with this.  I know people have criticized Woodson's offense, but we haven't really seen his offense.  There's really nothing to put in for a team full of players who can't shoot.  21 wins was a minor miracle, IMO.

• Like 4

Going to be a really disappointing period on the year.

I have to say this though, that play in and have to fly to the West Coast junk is just straight bull.  What is happening here is not indicative of the ability of these two teams.  The difference in fatigue levels is very clear.

• Like 3