NCAAT - St. Mary’s Game Thread

KDB

Cripes. I honestly thought we had a good chance to win this game, especially after the first 8-10 minutes or so, but the defensive intensity we’ve had recently just isn’t there. Guys are slow to rotate and close out, we’re one and done on the offensive end, and we can’t throw it in the ocean (i guess that last one isn’t a surprise).

Bummer, but I’d definitely echo others about being excited about the future of the program. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’ve felt this for a while. Their margin for error is so small. Trying to win so many games in the 60’s is so tough. Defense has carried them

Especially when defense is about effort.  I'd love a do over with these guys with some rest.

CMW won't forget this experience. He'll learn from it. Randy Bennet is a nice guy and what kid wouldn't want to play for him but he's hardly and elite x's and o's guy. He's not a greater basketball mind than Mike Woodson so I believe the valleys he's experienced in year one will fire him up and next year we'll be mean. 

My hope is CMW and staff have learned what it takes to win at this level today. Not discounting the turnaround this season. Kudos for getting there.

They clearly need talent but that talent must include legit size and scorers who can get their own shots. 

Even if TJD and Race both return IU needs at least one more legit big who can play. Durr is not the answer. Unlikely LD is the answer next season. IU needs grown men to compete at the upper echelons.

And you need scorers and shooters. Other than X none of them can win off the dribble and get a good shot. The others just flail and toss up crap. 

Here's hoping the offseason adds the missing pieces.

P.S., the NCAA did them no favors. Complete joke. Going forward they need to use their own plane.

Edited by Euroclydon