NCAAT - St. Mary’s Game Thread

KDB

Gotta wonder if big ten refs will ever start reffing like other conferences.  It basketball, not wrestling.  

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I want St. Mary's again as soon as we can get them on the schedule.

Lets not, until we have upgraded our shooting skills. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Get some shooters. I think the travel short turn around did us in

I don’t like making excuses but that sh$t show at the airport HAD TO take something out of these guys. This is the worst game of the year or past several years….. These guys are completely gassed!!!!

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Mid major is just a name...a term.  Doesn't mean that they can't have a terrific basketball team that can beat a Big Ten team.  The parity in college basketball has been known for quite awhile.  IU has a number of what I could easily call mid major quality players...thanks to the previous head coach.  

I get it but those same players had all kinds of other others to major programs. I know Woody still needs time but we’re not playing the Anthony Davis lead Kentucky team. We’re playing St Marys

• Like 1

I know this is an excuse but 4 games in 6 days plus time difference plus guys not getting in until in the morning plus our lack of offense prowess this year and our winning condition being defense and that makes winning a slim margin to begin with. Put all of these factors together leads to an almost insurmountable task of winning. This right here is pure exhaustion. Do I hate seeing this yes but I am excited for our trajectory! Great season boys and hope we run it one more time! Thanks for being an awesome board! Also I think if possible the Big Ten should have the conference tournament the week before the NCAA tournament announcement instead of having it wrap up the same day the bracket is announced! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don’t like making excuses but that sh$t show at the airport HAD TO take something out of these guys. This is the worst game of the year or past several years….. These guys are completely gassed!!!!

If the conference tournament games aren’t going to count, stop playing them. My hatred of the play in game and lack of common sense on logistics is also well documented. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Mid major is just a name...a term.  Doesn't mean that they can't have a terrific basketball team that can beat a Big Ten team.  The parity in college basketball has been known for quite awhile.  IU has a number of what I could easily call mid major quality players...thanks to the previous head coach.  

Could be UK playing a low major seeded 15 and is tied in OT