St Mary’s Post Game Thread

KDB

A wild and crazy season that left me excited for the future. The offense left many, many, many threes and layups on the floor. I'm excited to get some shooters and see what Mike Woodson's offense really looks like next season. Also F&^% all the haters. Kensucky lost to a 15 seed.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 4

Disappointed in a loss but not for the season. Proud of our players for battling the last few weeks to get into the tournament.  It is easy for us out of shape guys sitting on our couch to say they shouldn't be tired.  This team playing their 5th game in 8 days and having the problems in the travel contributed to the loss.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 6

Idc. Had a good year, it was clear that the games played and travel had an effect tonight, and with the way we shoot the basketball, we weren’t making a serious run, anyway. Excited to see what’s next for this program, who is coming back, and feeling good about the direction of this program overall, and CMW seems to have a handle on what we need and his vision for the program. 

Kentucky losing helps a bit, too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Tonight sucked. The season didn’t.  Time for portal watching. 

Lander should be explained reality and should go.  Parker should graduate and move to the next big thing.  I think Race is going to go.  Durr and Kopp have not really worked out.  Phinisee is kind of in the same boat for me.

We need guys that can hit shots when they are wide open like what happened to us tonight.  We have had looks like that at several times this year and just clank, clank, clank.  

• Like 6

Well that just wasn’t very fun. You could definitely tell our guys were gassed. Literally no one on this team is used to playing ball this far into the season. Plus obviously our traveling schedule this past couple days was brutal. Proud of the guys for working at it to take that first true step of getting this program turned around. Missed a lot of shots tonight and that bit us in the butt more often than not this year. Get some more playmakers/shooters on the team and this staff will have us in great shape.

Just now, IUFLA said:

I think I'll go over to Rupp Rafters and get cheered up...

UK’s loss definitely softens the blow! #15 seed beating a #2 seed is much bigger f a loss that this one. Guys, we were just absolutely gassed. St. Mary’s is very good, but not 30 pts better. I would like to play them when we are rested….

This team is weak. It’s either that or you win. It’s clearly not the latter, so this team is WEAK. 

I think we have the right coach for the most part, but we need a major upgrade in personnel. 

Like we need fu*&ing monsters on this team to destroy anyone they come up against. I’m sick of wondering if we have the firepower to come back.

It should be a given. Is it or is it not IU?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

The highlight of the game was our cheerleader retrieving the ball off the top of the backboard! 

As disappointing as this loss was, the season was a step forward for the program, and with an upgrade in talent Woody will have us in the tournament on a regular basis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2