St Mary’s Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Hey, good job To Coach Woodson! But now the real job. Can he get what we need to make the next step! If these players comeback next year it will be the samething! He needs some stud scorers! 

It wasn't pretty much of the year, but we were much more competitive than under Miller.  Got the purdue monkey off our backs - could have even swept 'em.  Made it to the weekend game in the conference tourney.  Didn't have to see or hear about the "Packline" gimmick crap.

Small changes can only result in small improvement and we finished 9th in the B10.  The next 2 months will tell us a lot about our trajectory.

• Like 3

Well, that sucked, but I didn’t expect them to be playing today anyway.

Woodson did what he needed to do this season to position the program well going forward.  He’s gotta get Kopp, Stewart, and Phinisee the hell off the team and get some guards who can actually play.  And the boosters need to scrape some cash together and convince TJD to stay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

One of the reasons Coach Knight hated the conference tournaments. The team was exhausted.

Other than that, I expected a  first round loss. Bring on JHS, Banks and Gunn. I just wish Trace was here with shooters.

Yeah, seeing what happened to Iowa as well, I'm ready to concede the B1G tourney every year.  Play it earlier, or the best teams should opt out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Others have already stated it, but tonight sucked, but not the season.

I HATE making excuses for a loss, I don't think I have ever even blamed the Big Ten refs for a loss, but clearly IU was at a major disadvantage tonight due to the Big Ten Tourney, and the NCAA stupidity. I have no idea if IU wins or not if this game is played under somewhat even circumstances, but it was beyond clear tonight that the Hoosiers were dragging ass and fatigued. Even the announcers mentioned it a few times.

I said before the season if CMW and this team make the tourney, then the season is a success, and I stand by that. Next season, I will expect more, as I am sure CMW will as well. Positive strides. No backpedaling. Next year the goal should be to make the sweet 16.

Who knows what is going on behind closed doors, and who will come back, but I have to think CMW and this staff is smart enough and in tune with these guys to know who they want to come back and who needs to go. Hopefully, they can lure in some good sound shooters in the portal and the recruits live up to the hype. CMW has the team buying into his defensive principles, now the staff need to get the players they need to implement and execute his offensive game plan.

I will be disappointed tonight in the loss, but tomorrow will be back and positive, reflecting on the positives of the season and very much looking to next season.

GO HOOSIERS!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1