St Mary’s Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

The highlight of the game was our cheerleader retrieving the ball off the top of the backboard! 

As disappointing as this loss was, the season was a step forward for the program, and with an upgrade in talent Woody will have us in the tournament on a regular basis. 

The team now understands what it takes to get to the tournament. No one had that experience before. This team will be significantly better next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I GUARANTEE this game is a lot closer if we hadn't been deprived of an entire night of sleep by the NCAA.

Not sure we beat them; they were on, but we weren't beating anyone without at least another night of sleep.

As a former cross country coach, I can't stress how important getting good sleep two nights before a major event is.

I was silently hoping they would start rusty and adrenaline would power us through exhaustion, but you could see the last of our energy reserves give out around ten minutes into the game.

The only thing that frustrates me is that St Mary's fans are going to strut around about this win when we weren't even really given a chance by the NCAA with that flight catastrophe.

I want to play them in the non-con next year to show them what we're really about.

All 2000 of them?  Let them strut, the set up of that game was not even.  They had 9 days of rest, we played 4 games in that time.  Their coach admitted he started planning for IU from day 1.  Our staff and team had a red eye flight clear across the country after playing a late game on Tuesday and had basically one day to prepare for them.

They had about as big of an intangible advantage going into this game as any other team in the tournament.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I GUARANTEE this game is a lot closer if we hadn't been deprived of an entire night of sleep by the NCAA.

Not sure we beat them; they were on, but we weren't beating anyone without at least another night of sleep.

As a former cross country coach, I can't stress how important getting good sleep two nights before a major event is.

I was silently hoping they would start rusty and adrenaline would power us through exhaustion, but you could see the last of our energy reserves give out around ten minutes into the game.

The only thing that frustrates me is that St Mary's fans are going to strut around about this win when we weren't even really given a chance by the NCAA with that flight catastrophe.

I want to play them in the non-con next year to show them what we're really about.

Exactly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the longest time I can remember shedding a few tears when the last game of the season ended.  Usually more to do with the season being over, and knowing some of the guys would never again wear the cream and crimson than the game itself.  

It’s been a few years since I’ve done that.  The loss sucked but feels good to be that invested again.  Can’t wait for next year!

• Like 9