Transfer Portal 2022

Thought maybe we could get an early jump on players who will be available...

Payton Sparks of Ball State has already been mentioned here...

Jalen Bridges is another name of interest. 6'7 220 just finished his 2nd season under Bob Huggins at UWV...Native West Virginian who we did offer and who according to 247 took a visit here. 9 ppg this year, and 36% from 3 over his 2 years. Excellent FT shooter (83%)...

Mods, if you think this thread should be moved to the Recruiting page, please do so...thanks...

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would Pack be willing to come off the bench?  I'm assuming XJ is our starting PG next year and will play 30+ minutes.

They would both start. Nijel doesn't play on the ball that much. 

Allllllll those times we ran PnR and XJ skipped the ball to PS and he could do nothing with it... yeah that would be Pack 1 on 1 with a defender closing out. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would Pack be willing to come off the bench?  I'm assuming XJ is our starting PG next year and will play 30+ minutes.

This is a great film that shows his offensively ability, basically initiated zero offense in this game, but ended up with 31 pts in this game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Does Pack fits Coach Woodson's "profile" though...

Weber left, so it's a possibility I guess...

Great shooter, but only 6 feet tall...and I don't know anything about his defensive capabilities...

Maybe a better shooting Fatts Russell?

What is Woodson's profile? 

I assume he could guard some if Weber played him. I haven't followed KSU in recent years, but I don't remember Weber (from the Keady coaching tree) not valuing defense. 

I mean in an ideal world, we'd love everyone to be interchangeable 6'4 - 6'9 multi faceted scorers and playmakers who can switch everything. But if we need a 6'0 guy that can flat out shoot and score I think we'll take him.

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Is he the kid that started out at UT?

He is at Winthrop.  I haven't seen him play or know a ton about him.  I just have an unexpected source that says IU is a likely destination.  He is good size and apparently can score the ball when you look at mpg/ppg.  Word is that foul trouble was a real problem.  I did see that he was #3 in SC his senior year behind Zion Williamson and Ja Morant.  Doesn't mean much if he was a really really distant 3rd I guess!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

What is Woodson's profile? 

I assume he could guard some if Weber played him. I haven't followed KSU in recent years, but I don't remember Weber (from the Keady coaching tree) not valuing defense. 

I mean in an ideal world, we'd love everyone to be interchangeable 6'4 - 6'9 multi faceted scorers and playmakers who can switch everything. But if we need a 6'0 guy that can flat out shoot and score I think we'll take him.

Long athletic kids that can cover 2 or 3 positions...at least I thought that was the consensus...

Michigan has had decent results with shorter point guards (and I'm not sure if he plays more off the ball or not) in their last 2 trips to the portal with Mike Smith and Davonte Jones...

But he's not in the portal yet, and we could be a little guard heavy depending on who stays....

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1