Transfer Portal 2022

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Might be a good fit for him.  Then again, he is a 4 year guy, has faced injuries, Rob may be ready to do something else.

He said he was in the portal, so by that indication.. I think its safe to say he is playing somewhere next season. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really don't know where to put this... Hope Rob hooks up with ML at Ball St!

It would be kind of cool for IU fans, but with any health, Rob can definitely play at a B1G Ten level.

If I am Shrewsberry, Collins, Hoiburg or any coach of one of the B1G schools where the fans are less insane, I am calling him right now.  

• Like 1

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

It would be kind of cool for IU fans, but with any health, Rob can definitely play at a B1G Ten level.

If I am Shrewsberry, Collins, Hoiburg or any coach of one of the B1G schools where the fans are less insane, I am calling him right now.  

I don't agree, but that's ok. I do hope he succeeds. 

I'll be real though. Rob should have played football... he's an NFL corner with his size and arm length. He has obviously spent some serious time in the weight room. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really don't know where to put this... Hope Rob hooks up with ML at Ball St!

Yeah, I'd like to see him step down a level or two and end his career putting up some nice scoring numbers. Seems like his confidence has been on a bit of a roller coaster over his career. Would be nice to see him score double figures somewhere and have some fun. 

Until this season I believed Rob was going to be the key to IU's success and create the kind of change we were looking for on this team. Whether it was injuries or something else he never turned into the player he was expected to be and that's probably more to do with expectations being too high. He seemed like the type of physical guard that would be able to get his own shot and make life terrible for the other team's offense. It just never happened. A solid defender but he was injured a lot, his shot was never strong, and he couldn't put more than a couple good games together at a time. More important - he couldn't stay on the court. 

Best of luck to Rob and his family. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I don't agree, but that's ok. I do hope he succeeds. 

I'll be real though. Rob should have played football... he's an NFL corner with his size and arm length. He has obviously spent some serious time in the weight room. 

He's injury prone enough playing basketball. I don't think he'd last long playing football.

Wish the best for him. Seems like a good guy that I've rooted for. He's a player that I know had to leave but it still makes me a bit sad.

11 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He's injury prone enough playing basketball. I don't think he'd last long playing football.

Wish the best for him. Seems like a good guy that I've rooted for. He's a player that I know had to leave but it still makes me a bit sad.

Meh. Injuries in football aren't really THAT more common than basketball. Fair point though. 

His body is much more of a football player then basketball though. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Meh. Injuries in football aren't really THAT more common than basketball. Fair point though. 

His body is much more of a football player then basketball though. 

completely agree, the things you listed earlier plus his vertical would make him deadly. Depending on his physicallity, could even play a little OLB/Hybrid role

Edited by Beamerball
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamerball said:

completely agree, the things you listed earlier plus his vertical would make him deadly. Depending on his physicallity, could even play a little OLB/Hybrid role

Don't talk to me about athletic 2nd level players in football. That gets me giddy. :)

Lots of these guards could be out of this world corners. 

Beamerball? That you, Frank.? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't talk to me about athletic 2nd level players in football. That gets me giddy. :)

Lots of these guards could be out of this world corners. 

Beamerball? That you, Frank.? 

Glad you caught the reference. I could talk football all day too. Was just promoted to DC at the high school I coach at. Love football, especially defense!

Sorry to those who have to read this and come at me for sidetracking the thread!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Glad you caught the reference. I could talk football all day too. Was just promoted to DC at the high school I coach at. Love football, especially defense!

Sorry to those who have to read this and come at me for sidetracking the thread!

If that existed here there would only be 1 thread and no one participating. We are the poster child for ADHD message boarders

• Like 2

Interesting name just hit the portal...

Terrance Shannon Jr put his name on the day after Texas Tech exits the tourney...

6'6 shooting guard that shot 39% from 3 and was All Big 12 3rd team in 2021...from Chicago and the few times I've seen him play looked like a really good defender...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Terrance Shannon Jr put his name on the day after Texas Tech exits the tourney...

6'6 shooting guard that shot 39% from 3 and was All Big 12 3rd team in 2021...from Chicago and the few times I've seen him play looked like a really good defender...

39% fits my personal desire for what I would want from a player in the portal as long as it was enough attempts to not be a fluke 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Two days ago it had Curbello from UI in portal

That wouldn't surprise me though...

Underwood didn't play him in the 2nd half vs Houston...when asked about it after the game, he curtly said, "coach's decision."

In fact, I'd be surprised if he did return to Illinois

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If you want that newly opened assistant coaching position, you better hop on a flight and sign him up pronto!

• Haha 1